Boot insoles

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Gyro1970 21 May 2016

Hi,
I bought some new boss a couple of months ago (Berghaus/Brasher), which I'm very pleased with. Apart from.....

When walking, often almost immediately, the the front part of my sole feels like the sock is slightly wrinkled underneath. I have some good quality padded socks, and the footbed itself isn't damaged, so I don't know what it is. It's not uncomfortable, but noticeable, and after doing 10+ miles in The Peaks the other week it was definitely there. I don't want to be doing 24+ miles in Yorkshire in September and it gets much worse than that.

Any ideas? I don't know if it's actually just me needing to get used to decent walks, or something else. Would an additional insole help, or is there something I could maybe put in just the front half of my sole?

Hope that makes sense. Will go back to the shop next time as previously they said to check the removable footbed (didn't have my boots with me).
Post edited at 12:24
 neuromancer 22 May 2016
In reply to Gyro1970:

Socks are too big for you
Gyro1970 22 May 2016
In reply to neuromancer:

No, it's not the socks; they're fine. It feels the same no matter which ones I'm wearing.
 keepguessing 22 May 2016
In reply to Gyro1970:

does it feel the same barefoot?
 neuromancer 22 May 2016
In reply to Gyro1970:

All of your socks are too big for you? (most peoples are) Try without a pair of socks.

Is the insole pushing forward and wrinkling? Try gluing it down at the heel so it doesn't slip (although this means more blisters).

alasdair19 22 May 2016
In reply to Gyro1970:

try a posh footbed superfeet or similar should hopefully.hold the foot a little more.
Ysgo 23 May 2016
In reply to Gyro1970:

I'm assuming you've taken the insole out and inspected it? If not, make sure it didn't get creased when it was first put in there. Happens quite often, particularly if the insole is cheap and floppy. If there's a noticeable crease under the toe area, just get a new one. The shop you bought them from might give you one FOC if you believe it happened before you got the boots.

Another possibility is that the insole is sliding backwards and up the back of the heel, leaving a gap under the toes. If this is the case, get a new one which is slightly less rubbish. Also, maybe get a volume reducer as the boot is probably too loose on your foot to allow this to happen. Alternatively get something like a Superfeet, or Sole insole, get it sized up to your foot, and properly trimmed in store. This will make sure it won't move anywhere.
Gyro1970 23 May 2016
In reply to Ysgo:

Cheers. Have inspected the insole as instructed when I first queried it at Go Outdoors. It's all fine and looks pretty decent. Don't think it slides about as it's curved at the sides and seems like a good snug fit.

Will have a look at insoles, but am a bit loathe to spend too much more on top of what I consider to be a decent amount of money in the first place. Think a second visit to the store - with my boots this time - is in order....
 neuromancer 23 May 2016
In reply to Gyro1970:

Why have you no tried them barefoot yet?
Gyro1970 23 May 2016
In reply to neuromancer:

Because I've only been home for half an hour since I read that post!

Will give it a go.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...