Running routes in north Oxford

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 tony 18 May 2016
I'll be in north Oxford on the Bank Holiday weekend. Does anyone have favourite running routes - 5-10 miles or so - they'd recommend? We'll probably be staying somewhere on the Banbury Road.
 ClimberEd 18 May 2016
In reply to tony:

I can't give you exact routes but a few options are

- head out through Port Meadow along the Thames.
- follow the oxford canal north
- follow the river Cherwell north.

Matt Rees 18 May 2016
In reply to tony:

North on Banbury road or head west to the canal towpath then north to Godstow rd in wolvercote (or off the wolvercote roundabout if coming up Banbury rd.

Carry in through wolvercote till you get to the trout inn then take the Thames path south to the marina, crossing theriver into port meadow. You can the cross the meadow, and head back through Jericho to ban rd. You can extend by adding in a loop of portmeadow, Burgess fields, university parks.

I also used to run into the meadow, through burgess field and out the top to cross the meadow north to wolvercote then rerun as described above. Happy running.

ianstevens 18 May 2016
In reply to tony:

Go on the route planning tool on Strava and turn on the heatmap. Should give you a good idea of where everyone else runs as a minimum! Usually serves up a decent run in unfamiliar places in my experience.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...