Climbing shoes for children

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Puppythedog 18 May 2016
Hello hive mind. I take a friend and his two girls climbing at a nearby indoor climbing place. He was talking about getting some shoes for the eldest who is 7 and definitely into it. Problem is I do not know about how to size shoes for kids. I know about climbing shoes for adults, a bit tight but not too uncomfortable. I know about shoes for kids, room in the toes but securable about the fastening. What about climbing shoes. Any advice?
Removed User 18 May 2016
In reply to puppythedog:

If they haven't had any climbing shoes before, the Decathlon ones are a very good starting point. They have elastic panels in the side so that they give a snug fit and room for expansion. I think you have to pay quite a bit more to get anything significantly better.

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/rock-junior-climbing-shoes-id_8240895.html
 herbe_rouge 18 May 2016
In reply to puppythedog:
Our 8 year old has the Boreal Ninja - it has a velcro strap on the heel that allows for a lot of adjustment so you can buy large and compress as needed. He's happy with it and due to the compression strap he hasn't grown out of it in two years so not as expensive at it might otherwise look......
 nufkin 18 May 2016
In reply to puppythedog:

It's also a good idea to fit them with socks initially, so there's a bit of extra space to grow into later
 WildCamper 18 May 2016
In reply to puppythedog:

My little lad has had pairs of Evolv Venga and a pair of climb X Kinder shoes.
ive always sized them to his street shoe size
OP Puppythedog 19 May 2016
In reply to puppythedog:

Thanks for your responses all very helpful

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...