Morocco trek 3 / 4 days?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Gazlynn 15 May 2016

Hi Sorry if I've posted this in the wrong forum but I'm away to Morrocco on Tuesday and have a spare 4 days and would like to do some sort of trek.

Can anyone please recommend an itinery (nothing too testing) or any information would be gratefully recieved.

cheers

Gaz
Post edited at 13:13
In reply to Gazlynn:

Toubkal is the obvious choice. There are some more interesting mountains nearby but scrambling capabilities are required. If you just want a trek without a mountain summit then I might be able to recommend some alternative suggestions.
mysterion 15 May 2016
In reply to L'Eeyore:
Toubkal was still snow covered as at a few days ago - crampons and ice axe required. Maybe a walk up to the refuge and back? The high passes beyond the refuge were still snowy, but not corniced, as far as I could see.
Post edited at 14:38
OP Gazlynn 15 May 2016
In reply to L'Eeyore:
Thanks for the reply.

This is all very last min indeed as my partner has had to pull out yesterday due to unforseen circumstances and we had booked just to go to Marrakesh for the week.

Now on my own I can be a little more adventurous

I've obviously heard of Toubkal but do feel that the peak itself with no prep is out of my league.

I'm a competant scrammbler though and Scottish Winter punter.

It would be great if you have any lower level treks that you could recommend so I can get a feel for the place and also a bit of a rekkie for a future more strenuous visit that would include bagging some peaks.

cheers

Gaz
Post edited at 14:38
In reply to Gazlynn:

My memory of the area is old (20 yrs) and even coupled with a 25 yr old guide book, I'm not sure I can recommend anything. Best suggestion I can think of is to download 'Trekking in the Atlas Mountains' http://www.cicerone.co.uk/product/detail.cfm/book/421/title/trekking-in-the... pick a few routes that you are interested in and then post back to see if someone like 'mysterion' will give up to date advice. The guidebook writer never let me down 20 years ago so I do trust his writing.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...