Unusual Photo of the Buchaille wanted.....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Busby 01 May 2016
Bit of a longshot but here we go;

Looking for an aerial shot of the Buchaille from high enough up that you can see slightly into Coire na Tulaich but still doing justice to that beautiful profile if that's at all possible.

I've scoured google a few times and can't find any such image so I was wondering if anyone on here has done a bit of paragliding that might have such a snap in their collection?

Reckon you'd probably have to be about 2000m up and somewhere over the A82 at the time to get such a shot but it's an image I'm really keen to find if its out there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Iain
 Doug 02 May 2016
In reply to Busby:

Haven't triezd but would Google Earth work ?
 Adam Long 02 May 2016
In reply to Busby:

Is the popular angle from Beinn a'Chrulaiste no good? E.g:

https://www.facebook.com/181356675383219/photos/pb.181356675383219.-2207520...
 tony 02 May 2016
In reply to Busby:

Wasn't there someone on here a few weeks ago who posted a video taken from his drone on the north side of the glen looking at Buachaille Etive Mor? Not quite sure how you'd trawl for it though?
 Jack Frost 02 May 2016
In reply to tony:

Might be this excellent video from Murray Wilkie:

http://www.ukclimbing.com/videos/play.php?i=3096

views of Coire na Tulaich & Stob Dearg at 3:56 and 9:09
 tony 02 May 2016
In reply to Jack Frost:

Yup, that's the one I was thinking of. Nice one!
OP Busby 02 May 2016
In reply to Busby:

Cheers for the replies gents.

In response to Doug: Unfortunately Google Earth can't be manipulated to give me the angle I'm after, as I was saying in the original post it's a very specific perspective I'm looking for.

Adam, Tony & Jack: That shot from Beinn a'Chrulaiste is gorgeous and the footage in that video is absolutely cracking, greatly appreciate the suggestions but I think ultimately the only way I'll be getting this image is if any paragliding type folks might happen across the thread...

Have even tried looking at paintings of the buchaille to find something that fits what I have in mind, just wish I could bloody draw/paint it myself.

Iain
 ogreville 04 May 2016
In reply to Busby:
Think this is maybe what you're after -

http://www.theweekendoutdoors.com/#!ORDNANCE-SURVEY-THE-WORLD-BEHIND-THE-MA...

Sixth photo down on this photo blog.

Don't know anything about use of images / ownership stuff if it's going to be used for anything commercial. I'm guessing this isn't what you're needing it for though.
Post edited at 15:08
 sensibleken 04 May 2016
In reply to Busby:

"Unusual Photo of the Buchaille wanted"

As an Irish speaker this was a weird sentence
OP Busby 04 May 2016
In reply to ogreville:

Cracking find, yeah it's not for any commercial reasons, reckon I could work with that, just need to do some humble begging with the OS to see if I can get a copy.

Also quite an interesting article to boot, thanks for posting that sir.
 greg_may_ 20 May 2016
In reply to sensibleken:

Made me smile as well

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...