Climbing PhD Study - AW Sheffield - Can you help?

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 DaveAGiles 27 Apr 2016
premier post photo
Hi Folks,

My name is Dave Giles, I’m a doctoral researcher at the University of Derby.

I am looking for participants for my next (and final) Ph.D. study, which is taking place in May - June 2016 at Awesome Walls Sheffield. Participation will take at most 1.5 hours of your time, in a single session.

I am looking for climbers who can lead climb indoors on-sight (first attempt, without weighting the rope) between 6a and 7c+, and who are between the age of 18 and 55. The session will involve resting measurements of heart rate, blood pressure and saliva, an attempt at a single route, followed by a short interview. Entry, for the purpose of the study, will be free.

Further details may be found at www.climbingkinetics.co.uk; if you would like to participate, or would simply like more information, either reply below, drop me an email or sign up on the website.

I will, of course, share the results on here. As well as with the findings of my previous study, which took place in February. Despite my best efforts this is a slow process, so please bear with me.

Thank you,
Dave Giles
D.Giles@derby.ac.uk
OP DaveAGiles 19 May 2016
In reply to DaveAGiles:
Is anyone available this Saturday? It is looking to be wet . If you are heading to Awesome Walls Sheffield and can spare an hour at the start of your session please get in touch.

The session lasts about one hour and fifteen minutes and would make a good warm up, and helps me out a huge amount! Sessions are available from 10, until 6.30pm.

Competent lead climbers, climbing anywhere between 6a and 7c+.

Cheers! Dave
Post edited at 18:53
 JMarkW 22 May 2016
In reply to DaveAGiles:
I did this yesterday. Very interesting and highly recommended if you can spare an hour or so.
Cheers
Mark
Post edited at 09:50

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...