PRESS RELEASE: The Patagonia Worn Wear Tour Comes to Europe

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC/UKH Gear 12 Apr 2016
Patagonia Worn Wear, 6 kbExtending the life of our garments is the single most important thing we can do to lower our impact on the planet. This simple act of extending the life of our garments through proper care and repair reduces the need to buy more over time — thereby avoiding the CO2 emissions, waste output, and water usage required to build it.

Read more
 Wft 12 Apr 2016
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:

"Extending the life of our garments is the single most important thing we can do to lower our impact on the planet"

That and reducing the amount of short-haul flight (or flights in general) we take every year to get to foreign crags? Is it just me who feels guilty?

I wonder if there's anything they can do with my MixMaster and Core Skin jackets, where the laminate glue has failed.

I tend to think of fabric item failing due to wearing out, not a failure of the fabric itself. A older Marmot PowerShield jacket is still fine.
 jonnie3430 12 Apr 2016

Hmm, can I justify a trip from Glasgow to the Lakes to get tips on how to repair the palms of my R1 Hoody...
 Neil 12 Apr 2016

Sounds ok, but I've got a pair of Patagonia trousers with holes in the backside. I don't fancy driving to North Wales or London to get them fixed, perhaps they can swing by Brecon? Either that or, here's me thinking, set up some form of delivery system whereby the owner of the faulty garment sends them via environmentally friendly delivery system (perhaps carrier pigeon) back to a centralised and hopefully solar powered repair facility.

Nice idea though, good message and all. I like the repair truck, will that be shipped over?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...