GROUP TEST: Winter Mitts

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC/UKH Gear 25 Mar 2016
Max Cole testing out the dexterity of the Mountain Equipment Pinnacle Mitts in Scottish Winter, 3 kbMitts, perhaps not the sexiest of outdoor clothing, but if the weather is at its worst, or you suffer from cold extremities, then these are the things that will make the biggest difference to your hands.

In this review we've looked at warmth, dexterity, water resistance, durability and overall design. We've climbed skied, hiked and camped in these mitts at low temperatures and in terrible weather, and here are our findings.

Read more

planetmarshall 25 Mar 2016
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:

*cough* Dachsteins! *cough, cough*.
 Taurig 25 Mar 2016

Just a thought: magnetic tabs in the OR gloves, any impact on compass readings?
 Aigen 25 Mar 2016

Buffalo
 Rick Graham 25 Mar 2016
In reply to Aigen:

I have yet to find anything better than the Helly Hansen Polar mitts.
 JJL 25 Mar 2016
In reply to planetmarshall:

> *cough* Dachsteins! *cough, cough*.

I used Dachsteins for years. Horrible.
These are the mutt's nuts and cheap as chips (sorry potato weges in a Chiswick bar)
http://www.dortechdirect.co.uk/window-accessories/Thermal_Gloves.html?gclid...

Yes, they're not mitts - but who cares, as long as your hands are warm?

Hilariously, they are also on sale for over £75, when you can pick them up for a fiver!
Take a punt and try a pair. You can come back on here to either thank me or ask for yur fiver back. And, no, I don't have any relationship with the company.
 olddirtydoggy 26 Mar 2016

I use the Montane ones and for what they do they're wonderful. Never been a big fan of mitts but for a camp or a long hike they are just the job. So easy to take on and off.
 Sean Kelly 28 Mar 2016

£125 for a pair of mitts! I could get an anorak for that. I still have a pair of lined Dachstein gloves that get regular use in the winter and they are way warmer than my fancy and expensive Marmot pair!
 AliMackenzie 29 Mar 2016

Does anyone know what the tabs are for at the fingertips? Are they to make it easier to get the gloves off?

In reply to AliMackenzie:

So you can clip them onto back of harness for belaying, don't fill with snow cos opening points downwards. A very simple, easy solution!!

Stuart

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...