Long Leg Pants (35") or Long Leg with enough hem to drop...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 wardyuk 05 Feb 2016
Hi Everyone, I hope this is in the right Forum.

Basically I am 6,4 and in my eyes is tall, but nothing out of the ordinary, so why can I never find a pair of walking trousers that can fit me??

I know crag hoppers can provide some lengthy trousers, but some of the more stylish brands rarely stock long leg trousers and even when they do they are 34" just slightly short.

Does anyone know any more obscure brands that do a good selection of trousers for longer legs? Or have any pairs of long leg trousers that have a good hem on them and can be dropped to a 35" leg?

I would appreciate your help with this..

Nice one!
 GarethSL 05 Feb 2016
In reply to wardyuk:

Arc'teryx tall sizes used to be 35" as standard, which actually measured in at 37" from crotch to ankle in some trouser designs I've tried.

Take a look at the 'Gamma LT pant' and see how the sizing comes up. An excellent lightweight soft-shell trouser. Or the Gamma AR if you want something more durable at the expense of a silly tight fit. Also quite hard to get hold of so expect to look at international ordering.

Other than that Vertx do pretty good combat style trousers (actually designed by Arc'teryx but are a fraction of the price) that come in 36" or unfinished lengths. It may be possible that Triple Aught Design still do 36" leg lengths too. All great trouses if you don't mind the NRA scumbag-tacticool look!

There are others out there but I can't remember of the top of my head.

Hope this helps.
 Big Steve 06 Feb 2016
In reply to wardyuk: Haglofs do some long ones, discussed here
http://www.ukhillwalking.com/forums/t.php?t=632039&v=1#x8214191
 nniff 06 Feb 2016
In reply to wardyuk:

Mammut do all manner of sizes. Peglers used to be able to order them for you, but no idea who would now i'm afraid
 rif 06 Feb 2016
In reply to wardyuk:
Rohan Bags are available unfinished (36")
In reply to wardyuk:
Fjallraven do various models in raw length (which I think is or used to be 37 ins to allow for taking up). Not cheap, but nice trousers and very robust. Note that Fjallraven's set length classed as long is not long in the UK sense so would probably be too short for you. Also, note that there is a whole range of other fit characteristics to consider like high, med, or low waists, type of fit, so best to find a shop where you can try on.
 Damo 07 Feb 2016
In reply to wardyuk:

I'm 6'7" and usually need a 36" inseam.

I could never find the Mammut or Haglofs Long versions, and they were stupidly expensive. The Arcteryx ones are OK but still not long enough.

Two pairs I'm currently using, I've had the hem dropped on both and they are good:
Eddie Bauer Guide Pro pants 34w x 36l
Patagonia Guide pants in 34" waist

I also have a pair of Rab VapourRise pants and they are very long in XL.
 Ian Hinkins 07 Feb 2016
In reply to wardyuk:

I have a 36" inside leg, I have worn lots of craghoppers trousers which are cheap and cheerful, I splashed out on a set of Haglof rugged mountain pants in the long leg fitting. They have lasted very well and the fit is brilliant. I bought another pair of summer weight ones that are good too, they came in Raw leg length so needed hemming. I order them from fell and mountain in Accrington, who gave great service.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...