REVIEW: Atom SL Hoody from Arc'teryx

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC/UKH Gear 02 Feb 2016
Atom Montage, 4 kbIntroducing the latest addition to the Arc'teryx Atom family: the Atom SL Hoody.

Hitting the shops in Spring/Summer 2016, this summer insulation layer is the most lightweight jacket to join the popular Atom range. Christina Barningham has taken this bright flamenco number for a spin in the Lakes and the Peak to test whether it lives up to the hype...

Read more

simes303 05 Feb 2016
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:

£170 for a thin coat? It's not even waterproof or windproof. That's taking the piss.
 simes303 05 Feb 2016
In reply to simes303:

And someone's "Disliked" my comment.
Well you must have a lot of money whoever you are.
In reply to simes303:

Gotta agree with you. Even as an Arcteryx wearer the pricing is getting more and more ridiculous. It's not made in Canada, it's not Primaloft, and considering you can get alternatives for probably 1/6th of the price, it's hard to justify.

Trying to pass off something like this as a technical piece worth the best part of £200 is just silly.
 Bulls Crack 05 Feb 2016
In reply to purplemonkeyelephant:

Technical seems to mean - too short to stop your crotch from getting soaked in a short shower
 Damo 05 Feb 2016
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:

I thought this was a decent enough review - well described, supplied relative sizing info, not afraid to mention negatives, including the price/value etc - but the three photos in this review are way too similar. They give no idea of the material, the inside, or any small details. Just three shots from the same distance, from slightly different angles, hood up or down - one like this would have been enough.

Show it over a helmet, show it when it's been rained on, show the pockets full/in use, show any early wear areas etc. I know I could go to the Arcteryx page for some of that imagery, but it's good to see such things in real use, not a perfect studio setup.

To be fair to Christina, I've noticed this with a number of UKC Reviews but this one seems particularly bad in that regard and it really detracts from the usefulness of the review.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...