Sledging in Scotland

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 aln 28 Jan 2016
Do any of the ski centres have areas set aside for family sledging?
Jim C 29 Jan 2016
In reply to aln:

I took my Grandaughter up the gondola at fort William last year and there was lots of space for sledging for the very young ( under 2) and older kids, and the toilets eatery is close at hand too.
OP aln 29 Jan 2016
In reply to Jim C:

Thanks Jim that's what I'm looking for. My boy's 6, never been on a sledge, and it's looking like C Scotland isn't getting any decent snow this year again.
 eltankos 29 Jan 2016
In reply to aln:

Glencoe has a bit for sledging near the plateau cafe. Even free sledges.
Jim C 01 Feb 2016
In reply to eltankos:
> Glencoe has a bit for sledging near the plateau cafe. Even free sledges.

I did not suggest Glencoe, as they (I think) are still open chair lifts, not an enclosed Gondola and I was not sure what age the youngsters were, or how nervous they are (or the parents are

Anyway, I checked the website and it says :-
"A trip on the chairlift takes you from the valley floor up to 2200ft in around 12minutes. People of all ages can enjoy a trip on the chair and provision can be made for disabled access."

So yes Glencoe is another option for family sledging.
Post edited at 13:00
 graeme jackson 01 Feb 2016
In reply to aln:

> Thanks Jim that's what I'm looking for. My boy's 6, never been on a sledge, and it's looking like C Scotland isn't getting any decent snow this year again.

head south into Lanarkshire.
I'm just over the Lothian/lanark border on the A706 and we had a good 3 inches over Friday night / Saturday morning. Further south, Tinto had a good covering as did the west end of the pentlands.

(mostly gone now but we'll get some more pretty soon)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...