Technique Coaching in Fontainebleau this Easter

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 Adrian Berry Global Crag Moderator 27 Jan 2016
premier post photo
Join professional climbing coaches Adrian Berry and Gaz Parry in Fontainebleau for a week of technique coaching on the world-famous sandstone boulders and master the art of climbing movement and return home physically and mentally stronger.

Technique is the key to enjoying and progressing with your climbing, and there is no better place to refine your technique than the boulders in the forest of Fontainebleau, a short distance from Paris.

The week covers all climbing techniques - starting with precision foot placements, and ending with steep rock. It also covers many of the practical skills required to boulder safely, such as spotting and the correct use of bouldering pads. It's not all physical either, throughout the week you can expect to develop a stronger mental approach that will allow you to try more difficult problems - and learn from them. The physical and mental skills you learn will serve you in every aspect of your climbing and are as relevant to trad climbing, sport climbing, and indoor climbing as they are for outdoor bouldering.

The week includes five days of coaching at some of the best venues, and the price includes breakfast, lunch, and cosy gite accommodation. Transport costs are typically minimal as we will put you in touch with others who will be willing to share transport.

This week is for anyone wanting to progress in their climbing, there is no minimum level and you don't need to have climbed outside previously.

There are currently just three places remaining on the Easter Workshop.

Dates
The Easter Workshop: 26th March to 2nd April
The Autumn Workshop: September 3rd - 10th

Price
£590 per person.

Full information and online booking
http://positiveclimbing.com/climbing_coaching_holidays/fontainebleau_coachi...

Your Feedback

"I've learnt more about technique in this past week than I have garnered by trial and error over all the years I've been climbing (if only I'd done it sooner)"

"The trip itself was really great, i felt like i was pushed just the right amount and as an outdoor newbie i feel like i have been given all the skills i need to build on it now and had really useful feedback."

"Thanks for putting together a fantastic trip - sitting here at my desk I'm suffering serious withdrawals, so much so that some of my newfound friends and I are already planning to head back to Font in November. Hopefully that tells you just how much we enjoyed ourselves. "

"I went with a pretty open mind, and it far exceeded any expectations. Font is a magical place, the weather and a great group of people made the whole experience fantastic."

"There is no magic wand to getting better, but the week certainly reinforced for me what I need to work on to achieve my goals. Would definitely go again and am strongly considering Kalymnos as well. Definitely exceeded my expectations."

"This trip to Font developed my climbing abilities beyond I thought it might be possible. Within my 20 years of climbing I got stuck in my self-set restrictions. Your confidence that I could do a good deal more, your patience with me and your insistency helped me to overcome these limits."

"In more than ten years of climbing in Font I was never able to climb harder than 5c and in the last week you helped me to push my limits to flash a 6b! Thanks a lot for this experience!"

"In terms of positive feedback, I would say the course was great. By the end of the week I was working on routes I wouldn't have started on without going on the course. I also think the course gave me the grounding to get real enjoyment out of bouldering outdoors in the future."

"Gaz was brilliant, he offered great tips and was very patient. A really great climber to watch too. You both work very well together, two different styles and approaches meant that everyone could see a solution for themselves. Its clear that you get along really well and complement each other as coaches."

"Regards the week, i thought it went really well. The choice of areas and problems was superb and challenged me as a climber. I found the coaching very helpful, particularly watching either you or Gaz climb, as well as the video feedback."

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...