ARTICLE: Grade I Winter: 12 Must-Do Routes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Grade I montage, 4 kbYou don't have to be a beginner to enjoy a classic grade I. From easy snow gullies in grand settings to famously airy ridges, these are some of the greatest days out in the winter hills.

Read more
 Doug 27 Jan 2016
In reply to UKC/UKH Articles:

I've never climbed Deep South Gully but is it really 'better' (whatever that means) than the traverse of Beinn Alligin including the Horns of Alligin) ? I guess some of the other classic ridges such as An Teallach are harder than grade I.
 Scomuir 27 Jan 2016
In reply to Doug:

It doesn't say it's better, it says combined with the traverse makes it one of the best outings in the NW highlands.
 Jack Geldard 27 Jan 2016

Brilliant article Dan!
 DaveHK 27 Jan 2016

That's me and Erick on our way to ski No4. Lawrie does take a good picture.

Personally though, I'd have said Castlegates is better than Pinnacle Gully...
 Steve Perry 27 Jan 2016

Good list!
 sbc_10 27 Jan 2016

What a great article. A great inspiration for many a young tiger and encouragement for the more senior of us to get out and enjoy those pleasures. One of the few 'must-do' lists that I have a half decent chance of doing !!!

Parsley Fern Gully (I) has provided a happy day or two. So has Banana Gully (I), though sadly it's not often fully ripe.

T.
 humptydumpty 27 Jan 2016

Having not been out in the winter in UK, have to say these routes look inspiring and also a little challenging!
Gone for good 27 Jan 2016
Brings back some cracking memories . Particularly Central Gully on Ben Lui which was in cracking condition when I climbed it a few years ago.
Post edited at 21:44

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...