Alps - Where to go?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 JuanTinco 25 Jan 2016
Morning all,

Trying to plan a ski holiday to the Alps for some time in late February - but struggling to decide where to go. Have previously been to Les Gets/Morzine and Flaine but fancy a change this year. There are 3 or 4 of us, pretty competent, happy on red and most blacks. Where do you recommend, any suggestions of good accommodation? (Not bothered about nightlife - just the skiing!)

thanks
Ju

Trangia 25 Jan 2016
In reply to JuanTinco:
Val Thorens.

Get a self catering apartment.

Ugly soulless concrete purpose built high altitude resort.

Not much apres ski, but probably some of the best skiing in the French Alps, which of course, is why you're going
Post edited at 12:25
 Mark Collins 25 Jan 2016
In reply to JuanTinco:

Wengen - Ski the Lauberhoorn, and the Shilthorn if you're a Bond fan or even if you're not. In the mean time, ride around on cool mountain railways. If you fancy a change, apparently the longest sledge run in Europe was/is in neighbouring Grindlewald. From a climbing point of view, who can ignore the history of the Eiger which can be easily reached via train. As a resort its a lot different and in my opinion way better than Flaine, but putting it mildly I'm not much of a skier. We stayed at the Bernerhof Hotel, and for someone whose used to camping its amazing. It was 2010 when I last visited.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...