Vango halo 300 or wild country hoolie3

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 abr1966 13 Jan 2016
Looking for a new tent for car camping which will be used for 1 or 2 night trips mostly. I had thought I'd buy the vango halo as it gets good reviews and I like the look of it when I've seen it on camp sites. However, the Wild Country hoolie is cheap at the moment but doesn't get great reviews but I do like the large porch and my zephyros has been a great backpacking tent!
Any opinions or experience of these options?
 Wainers44 13 Jan 2016
In reply to abr1966:

Used the Halo many times, really good tent, plenty of space and good headroom for only a three man. Seems stable and never had the rain drive through it.
OP abr1966 14 Jan 2016
In reply to Wainers44:

Bump....anyone?
Thanks...
 Mal Grey 14 Jan 2016
In reply to abr1966:

I like my Halo a lot, though after 3 years, its just starting to show signs of deterioration. Probably been used over 100 nights though, and in some pretty rough spots so this represents fair wear and tear to me.

I really like the basic design, loads of space, great porches, good in strong wind. It is, though, quite heavy, and my older one is a nightmare to get back in the bag (they have re-designed the bags since so not a problem with new stock).

The Hoolie I haven't used, but I've pitched a fair few times. I'd put it in a different category of tents (unless you're talking about the ETC version?). Pitched well, its more than capable of shrugging off bad weather, but its a much lower design, with less space for sitting around. Smaller and lighter though.

For car camping all year round, to me the design of the Halo is great, and also for me when I'm canoeing and the canoe takes the strain. I'd choose the Hoolie if I was carrying it though.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...