NEWS: UKC / UKH / Rockfax - Our 2015

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC/UKH News 01 Jan 2016
UKC Traffic Figures, 3 kb2015 has been a great year for UKClimbing Ltd.

Our websites UKClimbing.com and UKHillwalking.com have had record breaking years for traffic and our publishing arm Rockfax has launched its digital version in the form of the Rockfax App.

Read more

Removed User 01 Jan 2016
In reply to UKC/UKH News:

Bit strange /r/climbing and /r/bouldering aren't represented on here, especially since they have 70,374 and 16,364 subscribers respectively.
 Raskye 01 Jan 2016

And where's Supertopo?
In reply to Removed User:
Redit are on SimilarWeb with 542M views/month but there's no way to tell what proportion of that is /r/climbing or /r/bouldering.
Post edited at 12:10
In reply to Raskye:

SuperTopo are already on the graph, they're 7th!
 john arran 02 Jan 2016

UK sites in red, Europe sites in yellow. Did I sleep through a nightmare referendum?
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 02 Jan 2016

The stats reflect the effort and care that have gone into producing a really top-class resource for climbers and hill-walkers.

Congratulations to all those who have been involved down the years, and especially Alan James who has steered the whole project to its current excellent status,

Chris
 Michael Gordon 02 Jan 2016
In reply to john arran:

UK is blue!
 john arran 02 Jan 2016
In reply to Michael Gordon:

Oops, so it is. Fitting, I suppose, at present.
In reply to Paul Phillips and John Arran:

> SuperTopo are already on the graph, they're 7th!

I updated the chart this morning with December figures and added SuperTopo.

> UK sites in red, Europe sites in yellow. Did I sleep through a nightmare referendum?

I did a later version with - UK, 'REST of EUROPE' and USA, but you will have to force refresh to see that if you have the older one in your cache.

Alan

john arran 02 Jan 2016
In reply to Alan James - Rockfax:

> I did a later version with - UK, 'REST of EUROPE' and USA, but you will have to force refresh to see that if you have the older one in your cache.

Aw, shucks! You shouldn't have
 jimjimjim 03 Jan 2016

Looking forward to the Android app. So all these good stats, does that mean someone at the top is coining it? Hope so
 Mark Collins 03 Jan 2016

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the relationship here, but thought there would be a thank you in this item somewhere. If there is I'm afraid I don't see it. Anyway no matter, Happy New Year to all and please keep up the great work.
 Arms Cliff 03 Jan 2016

Similarweb suggests that UKC is 4th Behind Rock and Ice, Summitpost and Mountainproject http://www.similarweb.com/category/recreation_and_hobbies/climbing
 Chris_Mellor 03 Jan 2016
Congrats UKC team; fine effort; deserved kudos.
Post edited at 18:37
In reply to Arms Cliff:

> Similarweb suggests that UKC is 4th Behind Rock and Ice, Summitpost and Mountainproject http://www.similarweb.com/category/recreation_and_hobbies/climbing

Yes, that it in the ranking system they use which seems to take account of a series of site aspects to come up with the site ranking position. We probably suffer from not having such an international audience as some of those US sites although I have no idea what the actual algorithm is. The chart we use in this article is the visitors/month figure.

Alan
 Mark Collins 04 Jan 2016

You're welcome

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...