Reputable website?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 TClimb 26 Dec 2015
Apologies if this is a stupid question!

Ive saved up Christmas credits and am after some cams, this site has a set of Dragon cams at £129 which seems decent but I've never used them before....are they kosher?Any experience or knowledge appreciated

http://www.climbingdirect.co.uk/dmm-dragon-cam-sets-564-p.asp
 Big Steve 26 Dec 2015
In reply to TClimb:
Never heard of them, but they accept payment by Paypal so use this option and you have nothing to worry about if they are not trustworthy. But why wouldnt they be trustworty?
OP TClimb 26 Dec 2015
In reply to Big Steve:

No idea!Its important the cams are "right" I guess...probably silly but first cam purchase. ..I've been borowing for a while!
 Neil R 26 Dec 2015
In reply to TClimb:

A click on the Contact shows this to be Allan Austin in Shipley. As such there shouldn't be a problem.

http://www.ukclimbing.com/listings/info.php?id=792

OP TClimb 26 Dec 2015
In reply to Neil R:

Cheers didn't think to check that
 Wsdconst 26 Dec 2015
In reply to TClimb:

Just had a quick look and they've got hb cams and wild country forged cams for sale,are they really old stock ?
OP TClimb 26 Dec 2015
In reply to Wsdconst:

Quick apologies if it's your site. ...I'm sure its fine I was just wondering!
 Wsdconst 26 Dec 2015
In reply to TClimb:

No it's not my site, I just thought it's weird they're selling such old gear,you are right to question it if you feel it might be dodgy.
 Mr Trebus 26 Dec 2015
In reply to Wsdconst:

> Just had a quick look and they've got hb cams and wild country forged cams for sale,are they really old stock ?

And new DMM aliens and Mountain Technology axes. Proper New Old Stock!
 Wsdconst 27 Dec 2015
In reply to Mr Trebus:

Ok, obviously you got a terrible sense of humour for Christmas.I'd send it back because I think it's broken.i don't remember saying that everything was old, just the items I mentioned,so there's no need to be a d##k is there ?.
 Timmd 27 Dec 2015
In reply to Wsdconst:
> Ok, obviously you got a terrible sense of humour for Christmas.I'd send it back because I think it's broken.i don't remember saying that everything was old, just the items I mentioned,so there's no need to be a d##k is there ?.

Where did that come from?

New Old Stock is a 'technical term' meaning things are old stock but in as new condition (other than any age related issues for things which may perish or weaken over time).
Post edited at 00:13
Andy Gamisou 27 Dec 2015
In reply to Wsdconst:

> Ok, obviously you got a terrible sense of humour for Christmas.I'd send it back because I think it's broken.i don't remember saying that everything was old, just the items I mentioned,so there's no need to be a d##k is there ?.

Eh??? Tired and emotional?
 CurlyStevo 27 Dec 2015
In reply to TClimb:
I saw one review on line from a disgruntled customer (and another on here which was positive) Cotswold are also doing the same deal.
Post edited at 06:50
OP TClimb 27 Dec 2015
In reply to CurlyStevo:

Thanks Stevo
 Wsdconst 27 Dec 2015
In reply to Willi Crater:

Think I must have been,totally read it wrong, it was late though.
 Wsdconst 27 Dec 2015
In reply to Timmd:

No idea think I got wrong end of stick must be the cabin fever kicking in.
 Wsdconst 27 Dec 2015
In reply to Mr Trebus:

Think I got the wrong end of the stick on your last post,it's been a long day, sorry :/
 TobyA 27 Dec 2015
In reply to Wsdconst:

They are selling HB cams though which seems rather surprising - HB folded, it has to be, well over a decade ago now. Companies can't fix PPE things over 10 years old, but maybe shops can still sell them?
 Wsdconst 27 Dec 2015
In reply to TobyA:

Yeah it does seem strange,maybe someone in the know will give an explanation ?
 Timmd 27 Dec 2015
In reply to TobyA:
It's a bit like going back in time looking at that site, I'm wondering if a shop bought some stock and folded, and it sat around for ages until it got sold/passed onto the shop in the OP?

I think some websites base their entire business model on that kind of thing rather than just bits and pieces.
Post edited at 15:27
 Mr Trebus 28 Dec 2015
In reply to Wsdconst:

No harm done.
 Wsdconst 28 Dec 2015
In reply to Mr Trebus:

Glad you're ok with me being an idiot,just quit smoking and my brain is in a funny place.i keep having random episodes of anger for no reason.
 Timmd 28 Dec 2015
In reply to Wsdconst:

> Glad you're ok with me being an idiot,just quit smoking and my brain is in a funny place.i keep having random episodes of anger for no reason.

I was like that when I quit, and threw some books at a brother, if you don't do that kind of thing you'll have done better than I did.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...