cooking course

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 robal 18 Dec 2015
Hello all,

I don't know if any one will be interested but the company I work for is running a competition to win a cookery course for 2 at leiths in London, its a pretty awesome prize but we've barely had any entrants, the things is worth £395

https://www.facebook.com/proware.kitchen/?ref=hl
 Philip 18 Dec 2015
In reply to robal:

It made me check out the products but they're hardly Pro-grade cookware. You can't use metal utensils, induction hobs and copper in a dishwasher sets up a circuit with any anodised aluminium. They're nice if you just want to hang them up for show.
OP robal 18 Dec 2015
In reply to robal:

Hi Phil,

Thanks for that, I appreciate that the copper base stuff isn’t restaurant grade, however the copper triply has gone down very well with any professional that has used them.

They’re used by leiths in their diploma and development kitchens, several restaurants in Sheffield use them, along with a couple in London and also one in Newquay of all places. Also James martin, Tim Haywood, Brian turner, Rick stein and Yotam Ottolenghi have used/do use them
 Philip 18 Dec 2015
In reply to robal:

If they're stainless lined why aren't they induction suitable? Also why the comment about not ideal for metal tools.

It it wasn't for those facts I'd buy half a dozen for my new kitchen.
Lusk 18 Dec 2015
In reply to Philip:
My (limited) understanding is that the heat is generated in the base.
A current is induced in the metal, but due to resistance of copper is significantly lower than that of iron/steel, more power is required. P=I^2*R
Post edited at 19:34
 Philip 18 Dec 2015
In reply to Lusk:
These have steel. My anodised aluminium have a steel core, my tri-ply le creuset work. I'd love some copper outside pans that work on induction.

Edit, seems John Lewis own brand work fine. I'll get them.
Post edited at 20:04
OP robal 19 Dec 2015
In reply to Philip:

Hi Phil,

Thanks for that.

We have used both the Copper triply and copper base on industrial induction hobs, they seem to be more powerful than domestic ones.

The steel sheet that is bonded to the John lewis pan will enable you to use the pan on your hob so that will be a better fit for you, however from the testing we have had done I can tell you that you would be better off sticking with your straight stainless triply instead of the copper, you'll find that they are more efficient on your domestic hob. The anodised aluminium that you have is not steel cored but has an induction plate pressed into the base, this is similar to the John Lewis pans however the attachment to the aluminium is more secure than the attachment to the copper.

No non stick is truely metal tool safe, we use teflon platinum plus on our pans, this is the most premium non stick available, the PTFE layer is reenforced with ceramic particles. the testing we have had done in conjunction with DuPont shows that their non stick coating will pass the British Standard testing 9 times over before failing, but fail it will. We suggest that customers who would want to take care of their pans would do better to use wooden or plastic utensils whilst cooking as this will extend the life of the pan. The restaurants who use our pans all comment on how durable the non stick is.

If you want any more information then bob me an email and I can go into the testing we have had done on our pans.

Thanks
Rob

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...