The Outdoor Shop - Milton Keynes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
m0unt41n 07 Dec 2015
For some time I have been getting a "cant display page" message when trying to get their web site.
Is there another web address for this company or is their web site down?
I have used them for many years and always found them good.
Thanks

In reply to m0unt41n:
Well, google found this, dated 2013, announcing their move out of Stony Stratford, but it looks dead too:

http://www.stonystratford.co.uk/outdoor.html

I have a mate whose girlfriend lives in Stony; I'll try to remember to ask him about the shop...
Post edited at 20:17
 sheeny 07 Dec 2015
In reply to m0unt41n:

apparently gone bust and climbers shop has taken them over thats the end of cheap prices then!
 galpinos 07 Dec 2015
In reply to captain paranoia:

They moved to MK from Stony a while back. It's a real shame if they have gone bust, they were a great shop staffed by actual climbers!
In reply to m0unt41n:

Used to buy from them often, great sales ,Plentiful stock and Swift delivery however
Since the website was updated I've found it slow ,often doesn't load and the sales
Now barely have many items or much stock, I've had some brilliant Bargains in the
Past however seems like I'll be shopping elsewhere.
 SteveJC94 07 Dec 2015
In reply to stevieweesaxs107:

John Hare sold the business in 2013 and since then it hasn't been the same. Went from being the best shop in the area to a poorly run shop with unknowledgeable staff
In reply to sheeny:

> apparently gone bust and climbers shop has taken them over thats the end of cheap prices then!

Cheap prices and gone bust - now there's a connection.
 abcdef 08 Dec 2015
In reply to m0unt41n:

they had some online mega discounts approx 2 weeks ago, with pretty little stock listed - i therefore had a hunch they were going to disappear, so got a few (non-returnable!) bargains

shame, as generally a good place to shop over the years - better pricess than most comparible places
 Neil Williams 08 Dec 2015
In reply to SteveJC94:

Agreed. Moving out of Stony turned them from a respected retailer into a bargain basement web retailer, while the coming of Cotswold and Go Outdoors to MK (previously they were the only decent outdoor retailer in MK) hammered in the final nails.

I have commented on here before that service had got poor - I went in there a couple of times recently and was shown no attention by staff even if I wanted it.

Not surprised, and entirely their own doing. A shame for the better front-line staff, of course, but management made some serious errors.

Neil

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...