Black Diamond Sabretooth Crampons

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 JamesLamont 30 Nov 2015
Looking to replace my Grivel G12's which have bore me some good years in the hills!

However, one thing I don't like about my G12's is that for climbing (II/III/IV) the front points seem quite short because the lip of my boot hangs over them slightly. A few other people have mentioned the same thing to me.

So I'm looking at a couple of options - one being the Black Diamond Sabretooth.

Does anyone currently use these crampons and what's your thoughts/experiences for general mountaineering and climbing?

Thanks
 thedatastream 30 Nov 2015
In reply to jamesofdeath:

I've had a pair for 5 years and they have been great. I've never felt that they are the limiting factor in my mountaineering (only done up to IV).
 dgbryan 01 Dec 2015

I have a pair of very old Sabretooths & much newer (though not the stainless ones) modular BD crampons (Stingers?) for sale - say UK50 if you can collect, or + P&P.
If you are interested send me a message & I'll send you a pic.
Cheers,
Damian
 GarethSL 01 Dec 2015

What kind of boots are you using? Will they accept step in crampons?

I used the clip version of the Sabretooth for years with front points that were far too short. The pro version can be adjusted at the bail to extend them away from the toe. But I think they can be more prone to breakage, there was a few issues a couple of years back, but I imagine this has been addressed.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...