me and my ankle running and climbing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Paul Troon 20 Nov 2015
Not been on here for a while, i could say been I have to busy climbing and running.!! However true that maybe I have sprained my ankle 4 times this year. The question I am trying to answer is. Ist the sports i do or do have weaker ankle how can I really get it strong again. this Tuesday there I was bouldering indoors of i pop foot slides down paddling where it
meets the wall.@####
Ihave seen every ankle rehab video and done all the physo.
though 57 the thought of giving in is not an option
Thanks Paul
 markAut 20 Nov 2015
In reply to Paul Troon:
I had a bad ankle for many years. What I found helped was tape, applied for support to help it recover, then for proprioception.
Secondly exercise, to strengthen the joint and re-train it. Wobble boards are good, but can be too much at first. Initially, try standing on your bad leg and swinging your good one around to shift your balance rapidly. Repeat on your good leg for comparison. If you have the strength, then you need to re-train the nerves to make everything work properly.
How are your hips and knees? Sometimes a problem at one end of your leg affects the other end.

YMMV, but I found glucosamine to help. Ultimately, healing takes more time than you think it should.

If things are really bad, get a sports Physio. They cost, but I swear by mine.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...