Mountaineering partner wanted!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Matt Cooper 16 Nov 2015
Hi folks. I'm searching for a mountaineering partner who is available for trips in Wales, Lake district and Scottish winter. I'm heading out to the alps again next year and would be cool to meet somebody that would be up for some adventure and shares my ambitions. I frequently head out to wales (2+ weekends per month) and have plans to climb in Alaska in a few years. Must stress i'm after a mountaineering partner so Trad VS and Winter grade IV will be perfect. If your looking to climb 7a's in Dinbren or be dragged up a Grade 1 scramble I'm not your man.

Get in touch if you fancy a meet up!

All the best

Matt (31) from Midlands

The Ice Doctor 16 Nov 2015
In reply to Matt300:

Are you interested in visiting Chamonix this winter?
OP Matt Cooper 17 Nov 2015
In reply to The Ice Doctor:

DM your email and I will get in touch!

Cheers
 SJMiller 27 Nov 2015
In reply to Matt300:

Hi Matt,
I'm based in N Wales (just) approx 20m west of Chester.
Currently rather occupied with a young son so the climbing trips are restricted a bit, but the main reason for the message - I'm hoping/planning/will get out to Switzerland through 2016 to hopefully 'nip' up a few routes such as the Mittellegi, Italian ridge on the Matterhorn and similar 'classic' mountaineering offerings.
With a bit of weather and conditions based luck I'm hoping for a few long weekend type attacks, but we'll see.
If something that you may be interested in at some point, I'm sure we could sort a catch up in N Wales to say Hi and see how we go.
Cheers
Simon

soup212 29 Nov 2015
In reply to Matt300:

Hi Matt
Im interested in linking up to get some climbing/mountaineering in with a regular partner. i live near London,working as a climbing instructor and can be fairly flexible with days and times to go on trips-Im keen to get out and get some good winter time this season and a good alpine trip is also on the book so plans are pretty similar.

message me if your interested

sam
 Flett 17 Dec 2015
In reply to Matt300:

Hi Matt. I would Definitelybe up for the Scottish and Alps stuff! Would also be up for a winter chamonix trip to. Based not to far from aviemore.

Scott (35)
 Mike Hewitt 30 Dec 2015
In reply to Matt300:

Hi Matt et al,

I live in the North Lakes and I am looking for a regular mountaineering partner, particularly for climbs such as:
multi-pitch S-HVS and II-IV winter routes in the Lakes or upto Ben Nevis
a trip to do the Cuillin Ridge in late Spring or early Summer
Alpine climbs from PD to D- for a 3 week period in late Summer

I would like to stress that I'm looking for a regular partner, so living near the North Lakes or a willingness to travel is important.

Cheers,

Mike
ice guru 01 Jan 2016
In reply to Matt300:
Hi Mate.
Im in South lakes and am always looking for a climbing partner. I lead about VS, and 4 on ice. Anyway, specifically, I am looking to head to Scotland in m motorhome at the end of Jan for a weekend, and would be good to have you along to share expenses and climbing. Don't mind where we go, probably do a Friday afternoon to Monday afternoon trip?
Interested?

OP Matt Cooper 02 Jan 2016
In reply to Matt300:

Thanks for all the emails guys. I've had loads of responses and will get back to everybody in due course.

All the best

Matt
 ADAMSTUBS 03 Jan 2016
In reply to Matt300:

Hi Matt, looking for similar trips too, Climbing around HS/ VS and grade III/ IV and looking to improve, try more routes. Just need a parter to get out climbing with. Get in touch if interested. Adam.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...