Recommend a Rucksack please

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 crimbo 09 Nov 2015
HI All, I'm looking for a new large expedition size rucksack .It will be mainly for multi day hill walking and trekking trips.
Any recommendations and reviews would be most welcome.

Many thanks
 L.A. 09 Nov 2015
In reply to crimbo:
Big, ridiculously cheap at only £50 (reduced from £200 !!) and bombproof. Not many left so if you want one be quick
http://www.podsacs.com/i/q/CCPX/x-pod-back-pack
Post edited at 17:44
 Pbob 09 Nov 2015
In reply to crimbo:

Get a pod sac. Last rucksack you'll ever buy. Unless like me you decide to buy another four pod sacs and are thinking seriously about no 6 because they are being given away.
Graeme G 09 Nov 2015
In reply to crimbo:

Anything by Osprey. Pricey but worth it.
 london_huddy 09 Nov 2015
In reply to crimbo:

Depends how big you want. If you're carrying 80-110L and >40kg, I've found the Arc Teryx Khyber 80 is less uncomfortable than anything else.

I've used it to carry either wildlife photography and camping kit in Scitland or expedition kit in the Arctic. Depends just how much you want to not hate the experience of big carries.
 L.A. 10 Nov 2015
In reply to L.A.:
For anyone buying one of those last few POD Sacs dont forget to buy a drybag /raincover or stuff sac for £1-99 to get the free postage and save a couple of ££ s
Post edited at 09:22
 StuDoig 10 Nov 2015
In reply to crimbo:

Another recommendation for POD sacks - bombproof and comfortable to carry!

Cheers,

Stuart
OP crimbo 10 Nov 2015
In reply to crimbo:

Thanks all, the Podsac is on its way. Cheers for all your help,

Crimbo
 L.A. 10 Nov 2015
In reply to crimbo: Enjoy it and I hope you got it at the cheaper price because for some reason they have increased the price for the X-POD from £49-99 this afternoon to £69-99 this evening. Still a bargain but a bit of an odd move when they only have 10 units left to sell,.

nathan79 11 Nov 2015
In reply to L.A.:

Very curious. Though at the same time I'm glad of the price increase and that they have no size 3 left. I was starting to find the temptation too much.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...