Normal but waterproof trousers for work

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Sharp 09 Nov 2015
I remember a pair of (i think) craghopper trousers which just seemed like a normal pair of black trousers but had a waterproof lining and looking for something similar.

Ideally hard wearing work trousers but without looking like I'm Bob the builder or heading off on an sas mission. I sit in an office most of the day during winter but invariably have to rush out into the rain without enough time to put water proofs on and this is the second day running I've sat with wet legs all day.

Anyone have any suggestions? They don't need to be particularly breathable or even particularly waterproof to be honest just something that will take half an hour of heavy rain without being completely saturated.
 Rick Graham 09 Nov 2015
In reply to Sharp:

When I worked in a shop, the Graingers rep used to proof his work suit with his products.

Quite impressive on a wet Lakeland day.

or just have spare dry trous at work?
 AlisonSmiles 09 Nov 2015
In reply to Sharp:

Howies do some made out of Epic Cotton. I have some of their shorts - amazed how "normal" they look, and that they bead.
Removed User 09 Nov 2015
In reply to Sharp:

Try Rohan, I've got a pair of theirs made from barricade fabric they look quite good and are waterproof.
 gethin_allen 09 Nov 2015
In reply to Rick Graham:

> When I worked in a shop, the Graingers rep used to proof his work suit with his products.

I'd go with this, but possibly not on my best suit.

Back in the days of silly long baggy jeans I used to fabsil the bottoms of my jeans.

Dell 09 Nov 2015
In reply to Sharp:

I use an old pair of craghopper kiwi for working outdoors and whilst not waterproof, they dry pretty quickly.
 Ridge 09 Nov 2015
In reply to Removed User:

> Try Rohan, I've got a pair of theirs made from barricade fabric they look quite good and are waterproof.

Plus one for the rohans, although the outer fabric can wet out a bit.
2powern 09 Nov 2015
In reply to Sharp:

Craghoppers Steffan I think are the ones you mean. I've got a pair of the winter version and they look like suit trousers, but slightly rubberised outer.
If you just want water resistance, the Craghoppers Kiwi Pro Stretch look like normal trousers, but with dwr.
 PPP 09 Nov 2015
In reply to Mr Lopez:

75% cotton trousers for 280 pounds? Damn...
OP Sharp 10 Nov 2015
In reply to 2powern:

Thanks for that. They're not the ones I was thinking of but look like they'll do the trick.

Thanks for everyone's replies. The trouble with proofing trousers (apart from having to do it) is that driving rain comes straight through or as soon as you kneel down or sit in a wet seat it's game over.
 faffergotgunz 10 Nov 2015
In reply to Sharp:

u want sum Stone Island trackies

GavClayton 10 Nov 2015
In reply to Sharp:

Quite a few of the high ropes instructors I used to work with went for these:

http://www.sprayway.com/all-day-rainpant-4653

They do run a bit warm on warm summer days, but that's the compromise for them being waterproof I suppose.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...