Outdoor cooking

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
JenniIDS2 04 Nov 2015
Hi- we are university students currently collecting research for a presentation, before responding please look through the guidelines underneath and provide consent in your responses so we can use your insights in our work.
The purpose and details of this study have been explained to me.

I have read and understood the information sheet and this consent form.
I have had an opportunity to ask questions about my participation.
I understand that I am under no obligation to take part in the study.
I understand that I have the right to withdraw from this study at any stage for any reason, and that I will not be required to explain my reasons for withdrawing.
I understand that all the information I provide will be treated in strict confidence and will be kept anonymous.
I agree to participate in this study.

Would you please be able to tell us what sort of food you take when hiking, and how you prepare this? is it hot or cold food, if hot how do you heat it/keep it warm? and finally how easy it is to carry?
Any information would be greatly appreciated, thank you!
 Sir Chasm 04 Nov 2015
In reply to JenniIDS2:

Pork pies and jelly babies. Somebody else prepares it, I eat it. They're cold when I eat them. They're easy to carry unless I take a lot.
I give you permission to use this information however you like.
 Nordie_matt 04 Nov 2015
In reply to JenniIDS2:
Out of curiosity, what is the purpose if the research; what university are you actually conducting the research on behalf of, how exactly is respondent anonymity protected, and how is withdrawal from the study effected?

Full disclosure may prompt a better response.
Post edited at 21:00
 marsbar 04 Nov 2015
In reply to JenniIDS2:

It depends if its just a day I would take cold food, maybe a Cornish pasty as they are easy to carry and don't get squashed. If I was going for a few days then I might take pasta and sauce and use a small stove.
madmonky 05 Nov 2015
In reply to JenniIDS2:

What exactly do you mean by hiking, just a short hike over a day or more of an expedition over a few? So are you on about snacks we would take or full meals?
 pneame 05 Nov 2015
In reply to JenniIDS2:
I'll have to get legal advice....
 FreshSlate 05 Nov 2015
In reply to Nordie_matt:

> Out of curiosity, what is the purpose if the research; what university are you actually conducting the research on behalf of, how exactly is respondent anonymity protected, and how is withdrawal from the study effected?

> Full disclosure may prompt a better response.

Reading the O.P it seems:

1) For a presentation (course related)
2) Loughborough University
3) By not publishing or storing names? None seem to be requested.
4) By not participating anymore?
 Nordie_matt 05 Nov 2015
In reply to FreshSlate:

Fair enough, I appreciate that the information requested is hardly of a sensitive or controversial nature; my main reason for asking was that the op seemed a bit haphazard and unclear.

Whilst it was clear the op is a student, they didn't identify the university (although granted googling lut.ac.uk could provide this). The consent form makes mention of an information sheet, yet none is provided.

All in all my post was intended to try and get the op thinking about the best way to convey all the details, other than what appears to be a rushed copy and paste job.

In answer to the op:
day hike - sandwich, crisps & chocolate
Extended period (>3 days) home made boil in the bags, crisps, homenade breakfast bar, wraps and Coffee - jet boil for reheating
In reply to JenniIDS2:

Slugs, bear poo and fetid water.

Slugs are eaten alive for maximum freshness.
Bear poo may be warm depending on how recent it is.
Fetid water is consumed anally. Not very easy to carry at all.

Learned all I know from watching Bear Grylls on TV.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...