Mobile phone power bank - recommendations?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 LastBoyScout 02 Nov 2015
Since my spare phone battery died, I've been toying with the idea of getting a power bank for re-charging my phone on the go, but I only want a really tiny one for emergencies that will slip in a pocket when I'm out cycling.

It needs to:
- charge an average smart phone twice.
- ideally be as flat as possible, so it will slip in my waterproof phone bag behind my phone.
- 1 USB port - normal or micro would be fine.
- not have any frilly bits, like LED torches.
- have an on-off switch, as would be good to leave it connected and then turn it on without having to fiddle too much.

Solar power ones aren't really an option, as it'll be in a pocket.

I don't really want another spare battery, as it's a PITA to change and at some point I'll have to change my phone anyway.

I'm after recommendations, rather than just taking a punt on something on Amazon.

Thanks in advance.
 The Lemming 02 Nov 2015
In reply to LastBoyScout:

Anker batteries are probably your best bet. I use them and think that they are the dog's danglies.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field...
 nathan79 02 Nov 2015

I'll give Anker a vote too.
OP LastBoyScout 02 Nov 2015
In reply to The Lemming:

Thanks for the tip, but they don't look "flat" enough for what I'm after. I'll keep looking.
 nathan79 02 Nov 2015

You might be hard pushed to find something that small that'll juice your phone twice. Happy hunting though.
 The Lemming 02 Nov 2015
In reply to nathan79:

> You might be hard pushed to find something that small that'll juice your phone twice. Happy hunting though.

Anker Astro 5200Mah is a perfect size to charge a phone twice. I got one got Miss Lemming while I have a 13,000Mah for work.

As long as you accept that roughly 30% is lost in the conversion from the battery to the device then you can roughly the size of battery required.
Timarzi 03 Nov 2015
There are some on Sportpursuit at the moment. I'd post you a link, but it was removed last time.
Post edited at 08:50

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...