What to do in the Alps, Nov

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jezb1 21 Oct 2015
Never been at this time of of year, is it worth a trip?
 Simon4 21 Oct 2015
In reply to jezb1:
Well I once had a (mostly), very nice week walking in the Engandine valley, a long way East in Switzerland. Far enough East to get largely dry weather.

If you mean climbing, you need to be made of stern stuff. I did encounter 4 Hungarians heading up to try the Biancongrat on the Piz Bernina, which left me terrified on their behalf, not least because I thought they were not frightened enough.

On the other hand, a friend of mine has just done the traverse of the Belledone highest peak in the South Eastern French Alps, all about being lucky with the weather.
Post edited at 16:50
graham F 21 Oct 2015
In reply to jezb1:

When in November? Conditions are great for lots of things at the moment. Perfect blue skies this week. Good on lots of classic routes in the mountains, warm enough for rock climbing in the sun. November is only 10 days away so it all depends on weather.
 alexm198 21 Oct 2015
In reply to jezb1:

Yep weather and conditions pretty good at the moment (I'm in Chamonix) - plenty of ice and mixed to be done if that's what you're after. The main consideration will be that the only lift running will be the Mont train.
OP jezb1 21 Oct 2015
In reply to jezb1:

Thanks for the info guys.

Would be early November and climbing type stuff...
graham F 21 Oct 2015
In reply to jezb1:

Fingers crossed for weather then...
OP jezb1 21 Oct 2015
In reply to alexm198:

Ah, hadn't thought about lack of lifts...
 Toerag 21 Oct 2015
In reply to jezb1:

Webcams are your friend for this - German/Austrian cams showed snow most of the past week down to 1300m and temps hovering around freezing.
This is a good place to start:- http://www.foto-webcam.eu/webcam/herzogstand/

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...