NEW ARTICLE: How to Wash and Re-Proof a Waterproof Shell

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKH Articles 14 Oct 2015
Waterproof re-treating montage, 2 kbOver time both dirt and general wear will begin to affect the breathability of even the best performing waterproof. With a bit of TLC you can easily and cheaply give tired old garments a new lease of life. Here's how

Read more
 ScottTalbot 15 Oct 2015
In reply to UKH Articles:

Does TX Direct have a shelf life?
In reply to ScottTalbot:

Yes, several years. I've a new-ish bottle here that's best before 2019
 stevesmith 16 Oct 2015

Well done Nikwax for getting a long advert onto UKH!

TX Direct does work, and at £14 a litre [about 10 garments] it's good value. But you don't have to use Tech Wash at £11.25 a litre: DP Liquid Soap Flakes [£2.99 for 750 mL = £4.00 a litre] works just fine http://www.dri-pak.co.uk/laundry-products/liquid-soap-flakes/

Has anyone tried this: http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=285047670 ?

ScottTalbot 16 Oct 2015

I have concerns about TX Direct, as I've lost two garments to it. In all fairness to Nikwax it is old though, so old I can't even see a use by date!?! If o ever buy it again, it'll be a small bottle lol!

Garbhanach 18 Oct 2015
In reply to Dan Bailey - UKHillwalking.com: Cheers didn't know about the shelf life I have a bottle dated 2007 though I think I only bought it about four years back, will watch out for the use by date in future.

L.ScottTalbot how did the old TX Direct ruin your jacket that you had to ditch it?

ScottTalbot 19 Oct 2015
In reply to Garbhanach:

The coating on the back (inside) of the jacket and trousers disintegrated. It basically flaked off like dandruff.
 Garbhanach 20 Oct 2015
In reply to ScottTalbot: Cheers the bottle mentions faulty seams may become detached but nothing like you descibed, used mine up on some Rab vapour rise stuff and a paramo Fuera smock, no seams or coatings on them.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...