Glencoe - Lochside Home For Sale.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 Andy Harpur 05 Oct 2015
premier post photo
Glencoe - Lochside home For Sale. Offers over £225,000

Extensively renovated and upgraded to a high standard throughout, my home on the outskirts of Glencoe Village is now on the market. Ideally positioned within 10 minutes drive of the Glen and Rannoch Moor this is a rare opportunity to own property in a premier location for outdoor sports on Scotland's West Coast. The property enjoys extensive views across Loch Leven to local hills including The Pap of Glencoe.

This could make an ideal investment as a holiday home with the unusually long tourist season that Glencoe enjoys.

Advertised through MacPhee & Partners in Fort William; further details, internal photos and brochure for download are available through their website - https://www.macphee.co.uk/property/spring-croft-tighphuirt-glencoe-ph49-4hn...

Escape the rat race! - I have successfully home-worked here for approximately 3½ years with (copper) broadband speeds of 7 Mb/sec. BT are also currently installing fibre to the locality which is anticipated to go live next year.

For viewings please contact MacPhee & Partners - 01397 702200 - https://www.macphee.co.uk/
 ScottTalbot 09 Oct 2015
In reply to Andy Harpur:

In my dreams!
 digby 10 Oct 2015
In reply to Andy Harpur:

Sigh...
Rigid Raider 11 Oct 2015
In reply to Andy Harpur:

Can't move yet but a serious question: how much does being in Glencoe jack up the price? i.e. how much would a house of that quality cost in a less popular and accessible location?

How much quality new-build like this is available in western Scotland? Is it a question of buying and refurbishing an older place?
 ScraggyGoat 11 Oct 2015
In reply to Rigid Raider:
From my observations, if the property is in a honeypot location, has a good view and itself looks idyllic, is in good order, away from main roads but accessible and relatively close to services (for west coast Scotland) then the price is up by equivalent of an additional bed room. So you could probably get a three bed, but not as nice elsewhere for the same price.

As one or more of those factors are missing the price uplift and the saleability decreases. The market is fickle; properties deemed 'nice' can be fought over, while the rest of the market is sluggish and buyers have the upper hand. Buy the wrong property and you will struggle to sell, sometimes for years......

undertaking a new build factoring everything else in would be a similar price and a lot more hassle (and I mean a lot!). The main difficulty is finding the plot as land is wrapped up by the unholy trinity of estate ownership, crofting/de crofting legislation or outwith local government plans. Then you then have the fun of planning applications and services. Private water abstraction if required will require SEPA approval, and your own treatment system, sewerage the same if you are near a watercourse. Plus possibly road traffic considerations depending on lines of sight of your access point. I'm not saying it's impossible just that things take time. After that you choose your builder and takes your chances. Plots depending on the location and importantly the view range £60 - 100K. Consequently there's limited new build being undertaken for sale on the open market, as most is commissioned.

So the above advertised house isn't unreasonably priced.

What happens to house prices if the SNP tinker with the de crofting rules, estate ownership (unlikely) and slacken planning in the hope of boosting the economy is anyone's guess........
Post edited at 12:50
 nutme 13 Oct 2015
ScraggyGoat, are you professional estate agent?
 ScraggyGoat 14 Oct 2015
In reply to nutme:
Nope......not even close, though I have recently played West Coast Monopoly, ending up with a house, and two utilities; sewerage and water!

Have you ever heard an estate agent openly admitting that the buyer might have the upper hand!

I saw one property being described as a unique and prestigious opportunity.........yet the water wasn't fit for consumption, it wasn't known where it was drawn from, there were no rights of access on to adjacent property to find, service or install a supply and a new build road was planned to go right by the front door. Did the estate agent mention any of that.....did they feck.
Post edited at 14:40
 planetmarshall 27 Oct 2015
In reply to Andy Harpur:

Will you exchange for 1 soul, barely used?
 JJL 29 Oct 2015
In reply to Rigid Raider:

Go a couple of miles ot Ballachulish and you can get 7 beds for £199k
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-50798561.html?premium...

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...