Advice please on suitable winter clothing.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 silhouette 05 Oct 2015
I'm actually not intending to go running in the winter but I intend to carry on playing volleyball out of doors and I thought maybe dressing like a runner would be sensible? Cheapo leggings from Sport Direct with shorts on outside; long sleeved snug wicking top with maybe a T shirt over it? Sound sensible? How about gloves?
 Mike Highbury 05 Oct 2015
In reply to silhouette:
> I'm actually not intending to go running in the winter but I intend to carry on playing volleyball out of doors and I thought maybe dressing like a runner would be sensible? Cheapo leggings from Sport Direct with shorts on outside; long sleeved snug wicking top with maybe a T shirt over it? Sound sensible? How about gloves?

Excellent, maybe you should have included asking your mum about whether or not to button up your coat as well.
 JayPee630 05 Oct 2015
In reply to silhouette:

Erm, it depends? You're seriously asking for advice on what to wear to play volleyball?!
 jkarran 05 Oct 2015
In reply to silhouette:

Take some layers. Add them if you're too cold, take some off if you're too warm.

jk
OP silhouette 05 Oct 2015
In reply to JayPee630:

> Erm, it depends? You're seriously asking for advice on what to wear to play volleyball?!

Very perceptive of you; that is exactly what I'm asking. 10/10.
 JayPee630 05 Oct 2015
In reply to jkarran:

If your fingers get a little chilly, put some gloves on. If it's your ears, try wearing a hat.

HTH
OP silhouette 05 Oct 2015
In reply to Mike Highbury:

At one time I would have been disturbed by your snide response but now? No.
 JayPee630 05 Oct 2015
In reply to silhouette:

Come on, do you not think it's a bit of a funny question?

Not to mention all the variables like how you personally experience the cold, and what the weather would be 'in the winter', you're asking what you should wear for volleyball on a climbing website!
 Wonrek 06 Oct 2015
In reply to silhouette:

How do volleyballers dress during the winter? I'd suggest you seek advice and copy their attire? Or ask runners about running clothing?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...