Petzl Sitta

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 centurion05 02 Oct 2015
So i'm in the market for a new Harness. I currently have a DMM Maverick because I love the floating waistbelt and the seven gear loops, something that I could get used to being without, but something that I love.

So when I saw the new DMM Maverick harness come out I was looking forward to an updated 7 loop trad harness, alas, it has 5 loops and in my opinion looks like any other standard harness. So I started trawling the internet for options that would suit my trad preferred set up and only found one single harness with what could work, the Petzl Sitta. It has a large gear loop at the front which is split by a divider so would work perfectly for me. The only problem is its over £100. I could get two Hirundos' or Sama harnesses for that price.

Now, does anyone know of another harness that would fit my bill, or has anyone seen the Petzl Harness in the flesh, I saw Steve Mac had one when he done the new route at Kilnsey.

Lastly, what do people rate as an all round decent trad harness?

Cheers

Centurion05
 AlanLittle 02 Oct 2015
In reply to centurion05:

Arcteryx do a big wall harness with lots of gear loops, saw one in a shop once. Misty Mountain presumably do as well, although I ordering from the States would probably be slow & expensive.
 Climbthatpitch 02 Oct 2015
In reply to centurion05:

DMM renegade
 john arran 02 Oct 2015
In reply to leeboy1985:

> DMM renegade

Seconded. I used one earlier this year for big-walling and it did the job very well ... although I doubt I ever used all 7 gear loops at the same time even with a double lead rack and all the bigwall paraphernalia you can think of. Five is plenty.
OP centurion05 02 Oct 2015
In reply to leeboy1985:

That was pretty simple eh, should have found that one having moved from a renegade to the maverick,
 Martin W 02 Oct 2015
In reply to centurion05: I find seven gear loops a little OTT for my purposes, but what I did like about the original Maverick were the non-adjustable leg loops (adjustable ones are just a PITA for non-inclement weather climbing IMO) and the floating waist belt. I'm disappointed to see that the Maverick 2 has lost the floating waist belt, so I may have to look at the Renegade 2 (even with its seven gear loops and adjustable leg loops) given that the time to replace my Maverick is fast approaching.

If you're set on seven gear loops then another option might be the Wild Country Summit. No floating waist belt but two waist belt buckles still allow you to get it properly centered - although at the expense of added complexity/faff IMO.
 SenzuBean 02 Oct 2015
In reply to centurion05:

For completeness - another harness very similar to the Sitta is the Mammut Zephir Alpine. Doesn't have the divider for the front monster gear loop, but otherwise is very similar.

Also I don't think Arcteryx do a big wall harness anymore.

Also why are all the harnesses with loads of gear space, orange!?
 climbwhenready 02 Oct 2015
In reply to centurion05:

I have the renegade, I also tried on the WC summit. I couldn't dream up a harness more uncomfortable than the Summit... so they may fit very different body shapes. Maybe worth hanging in them both?
 thommi 02 Oct 2015
In reply to centurion05:

BD chaos is a nice harness. Prior to that I had a Camp Onyx CR but Im not sure they still do them. That was a nice harness as well. Had a rated 'tow' tag on the rear.
 mtom91 12 Oct 2015
In reply to centurion05:

Sitta Sitta Sitta!!! Absolutely brilliant harness

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...