Nordic ski lessons in Rjukan

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 esoteric 30 Sep 2015
Any ideas on ski schools in/ near Rjukan that offer Nordic cross country ski lessons?
 HeMa 30 Sep 2015
In reply to esoteric:

If I'd have to guess, the ski-resort might offer such services.
 TobyA 30 Sep 2015
In reply to esoteric:

It's not too complicated a thing to do, so even if you can't find lessons don't be put off hiring the gear and having a go. Up North (and that's proper 'up North' like Norden, not, say, Huddersfield) most people just go XC skiing with their parents or at school and keep doing it as they grow up, but an hour with instructor would be plenty for an adult who is new to it. The biggest issue is learning how to slow down going down hill - that can be quite amusing to start of with!
In reply to esoteric:

This is what you want. Great area to learn and super friendly staff. It's just up the hill from Rjukan.

http://www.kvitaavatn.no/en/vinter/
 Mr. Lee 01 Oct 2015
In reply to esoteric:

The Gaustablikk ski resort I am guessing will be your best option. 'Langrenn' is the Norwegian word for cross-country skiing to help you with your Googling.

I tried cross country for the first time last year. Would agree with the above statement that you probably just get on with it if you start with flat routes. Braking I found to be the hardest thing but the principle isn't that hard to understand and more about executing.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...