TV/Film/Media Production industry etiquette

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 IceKing 23 Sep 2015
Bit of a strange question this but UKC has such a wide range of contributers I thought someone might be able to fill me in and I can't think of anywhere else to ask.

Is it normal practice in the TV/film/Media world when looking for people to work with that they'll speak to a certain number of people, then choose who they want and confirm back only with those individuals? Please note these projects have nothing to do with climbing.

The reason I ask this is I have spoken to producers a number of times over the last few years about projects and 95% of the time I never hear from them again. I don't know whether I should be trying to follow up with them or whether that is just how it is. I don't think I'm putting them off, they are very interested initially and generally contact me after seeing the work I do.

I imagine they are putting together a number of different options and in these cases I simply haven't been selected for their project but it is frustrating to put aside time in the future to do these projects only to never hear from them again, in my world I would let someone know if they had changed their mind.

In TV/Film production is it normal practice to not let people know if something has fallen through? Maybe that's just how it is, I will appreciate any insights.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...