Advice please! Super light weight insulation jacket

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mtom91 22 Sep 2015
After leaving my arcteryx nuclei jacket at PYB and not being handed in, I am out to replace it. Can anybody recommend me something similar? I would like something super lightweight, synthetic and packs very small, ideally with a hood.

Cheers guys
 Marmoteer 22 Sep 2015
In reply to mtom91:

Mountain Equipment Kinesis Jacket might fit the bill, it has a hood and hand pockets whilst not weighing much and packing down small. It only has limited insulation and might not be comparable to your previous jacket.
 HeMa 22 Sep 2015
In reply to mtom91:

What's the budget?

Nuclei is certainly light and pack small, spendy though.

I use a Cumulus pullover, which is rather good for the money. Packs small enough to clip on ones harness, hood is big enough to be used with a big ass helmet and also warm enough to be used as a belay jacket in Scotland and Scandinavia. The jacket version might be better though.
http://sleepingbags-cumulus.eu/uk/categories/jackets/climalite-full-zip?gid...

Mont Bell also makes a lot of lightweight insulating jackets, but can be hard to come by in Yurp.

I'm sure Montagne and Rab also have something to offer.
 JayPee630 22 Sep 2015
In reply to Marmoteer:

Yeah, different insulation, much more designed for active use rather than static.

To the OP, what's wrong with another Nuclei? If it fits I think you'll be hard pressed to find anything better.
 iainoman 22 Sep 2015
http://www.phdesigns.co.uk/kappa-primaloft-insulated-jacket

Really is the dogs. Used it in many places, from Scottish Winters to the Himalayas. Would recommend it above all other comparables.

crustypunkuk 22 Sep 2015
In reply to mtom91:

Have a look at th Patagonia nano air. I've tried most of the synthetic jackets out there and this is the one I've ended up using the most. Light, warm and stretchy too!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...