Removing vintage effects in Corel Paint Shop/Photoshop

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
I have some great pictures from a friend I was in Central Asia with recently, but for whatever reason her iPhone (I think) did some sort of vintage effect on them, which makes them look kind of cool, but the real colours are so much better. Does anyone have a simple step by step idea about how to reverse most of the effect?
 balmybaldwin 10 Sep 2015
In reply to Frank the Husky:

I think the problem you'll have is that these effects ruin the colour palette, and as such you don't have enough information to recreate the original.... you might get close, but colours etc are likely to be blocky.
moffatross 10 Sep 2015
In reply to Frank the Husky: >"Does anyone have a simple step by step idea about how to reverse most of the effect?"<

1. Install photo editing software (you could try Picasa).
2 .Open photo in editing software.
3. Play round with sliders (you could try the auto colour or I'm feeling lucky buttons in Picasa). You never know.
4. Even if you get lucky, the images will be compromised. The (limited) information in a JPEG file is pretty much baked in, so put it down to experience, take own camera next time and even if it doesn't do RAW, set the JPEG output style to neutral etc, and don't apply any in-camera effects.

In reply to moffatross: I had my own camera, she just got some ones I couldn't because I wasn't allowed in the women's yurts. I'll try your suggestions, but I don't hold out much hope.

Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 10 Sep 2015

If the shots are still on the phone there is usually a 'revert to original' button,

Chris
 Jon Read 10 Sep 2015

You can always covert to black and white, they should look ok.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...