Tent help - What you think?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Chownsy 02 Sep 2015
Hi everyone.

I just noticed on Facebook group Outdoor gear exchange UK that there is someone selling used expedition tents.

He says all are in good condition with very minor damage if any at all.

Here are all the tents:

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/s720x720/1198637...

I was wondering what peoples thoughts on these tents were, I was looking at either the Vortex 200 or the Hurricane 200 (both same tent but one is the elite of the range)

I want it to stand up to Wales wet weather and Alpine snow conditions as well as just general camping when climbing in the peaks or by the coast climbing .

Open to other suggestions too from people as I know very little about tents. I have a 3 man currently but its a pig to erect and I found it tended to be cold and sometimes leak.

Cheers
 Siward 03 Sep 2015
In reply to Chownsy:
Some decent tents there but I'd want to ask about UV exposure before buying.
OP Chownsy 03 Sep 2015
In reply to Siward:

In what way about the UV exposure?
 Timmd 03 Sep 2015
In reply to Chownsy:
Ultra violet rays can degrade the strength and robustness of tent fly sheet materials, and if some have been used for expeditions, perhaps more applicable to the Force10 geodesic tents, that could have weakened them.
Post edited at 13:32
 ScottTalbot 03 Sep 2015
In reply to Chownsy:
I doubt you could go too far wrong at that money! I had a Tadpole about 18/19 years ago and it was absolutely bombproof! Camped through the tail end of a cyclone in NZ and it was the only tent there that was hardly even moving. I would expect any ex expedition tent to be up to the job, but can't really comment on any of the others, as I've never used them.
OP Chownsy 03 Sep 2015
In reply to ScottTalbot:

I been offered a brand new Force ten Titan 300 by the same person.

Not sure now to get that one instead of one of the Vortex still haha
 ScottTalbot 03 Sep 2015
In reply to Chownsy:

> I been offered a brand new Force ten Titan 300 by the same person.

> Not sure now to get that one instead of one of the Vortex still haha

I wouldn't want the Titan. Tunnel tents are a pain! Rain/snow always sits on them, so you spend all night shaking it off instead of sleeping...
 neuromancer 04 Sep 2015
In reply to Chownsy:

On the same topic - which is the best 2 man semi geodesic:

Tadpole 2 or 23, trisar or the vango equivalent?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...