X-Large Crampons

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
squeezedfeet 14 Aug 2015
Hello,

Looking for some advice. Does anyone know of any crampons that have a wider or longer fit than Grivel's G10 or 12s? I have already tried the extender bar and flipping them round. An extra half centimeter would probably do it.

Posting in August as sometimes it takes a while to resolve a big foot problem.

Thanks.

m0unt41n 14 Aug 2015
In reply to squeezedfeet:

If you do use the extender bar then it's worth replacing the spring adjusting clip and bolting it instead.
I did it after mine sprung apart on me, its because there is a lot more leverage and flexing with the increased distance between the front and back parts of the crampon.
daveholl 15 Aug 2015

The older model of Black Diamond's Sabretooth has a large footprint and fits bigger boots really well. I needed them for my size 46 Spantiks until Petzl's Lynx's came out (but they are much more technical so depends a bit on what you want them for. G10's would be a poor choice on a big boot for most things. I would consider selling my Sabretooth's if you were interested, but they have a wire toe bail so need a suitable boot.
 richprideaux 15 Aug 2015

Extender bar on G12s worked on my size 48 Nepals. The width is more of an issue... there is a bit more rubber overhanging the spikes at the side than I would like.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...