BMC WiltonFest 2015

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Team BMC 12 Aug 2015
The third annual BMC WiltonFest is on Saturday 5 September, and stars Steve McClure and a bed sheet, supported by beers, black puddings and a barbecue.

WiltonFest is a celebration of the fantastic climbing that the four Wilton quarries, including the BMC-owned Wilton 1, have to offer. It's organised by volunteers from the BMC North West Area.

Activities start from 10am and include:
• Guided bouldering tour with Robin Müller, author of Lancashire Bouldering
• Instructor-led sessions for new outdoor climbers
• Masterclasses by BMC ambassador Steve McClure
• Guided hill walk around the moors, led by David Royle of the Lancashire Mountaineering Club

For more information, visit the BMC Local Areas site: http://community.thebmc.co.uk/Event.aspx?id=3448
In reply to Team BMC:

So, looking forward to this event, it's going to be massive.
In reply to Team BMC:

1 week to go, forecast is looking good. The itinerary and parking information has now been published, and can be found on the BMC website.

http://community.thebmc.co.uk/Event.aspx?id=3448
 BigHell 04 Sep 2015
In reply to Timothy Greenhalgh:

looking forward to tomorrow
astley007 04 Sep 2015
In reply to BigHell:

Its all looking good for tomorrow,....BBQ all sorted, with beer and best lancs black pudding!!!!!!!
The quarries are dry and ready to take on all climbers of every grade.
If you are attending please try to remember to bring your own mugs...free tea and coffee all day..and a chair for the evenings entertainment
Look forward to seeing you all there.
Cheers
Nick B
 fi89 05 Sep 2015
In reply to Team BMC:

Just had a brilliant day, big thank you to everyone who was involved in organising this, setting up and providing much needed tea and burgers (Nick) and those who donated all the prizes.

The weather probably helped but a big turnout and a great atmosphere, it was all very friendly.

Thanks to the gun club for opening up the huts.
 deacondeacon 06 Sep 2015
In reply to Team BMC:

Thanks for organising a brill day, and for telling the midgies to stay away until the evening.
Burgers were amazing!
 efrance24234 06 Sep 2015
In reply to Team BMC:
There is now an album on the Lancashire rock revival Facebook page for people to add their pictures of this event. Would be great to get loads of pictures in it!
 Climbingspike 07 Sep 2015
In reply to Team BMC:
Want to say a big,big thank you to BMC and northwest lads for the Wilton Fest. I had a really great day, met loads of people particularly old mates like Ray Evans. We did Cameo, 52 years since he did the first ascent, close to 50 for me, He made it look easy, not so for me but I enjoyed it as always, for me this is the route of Lancashire. The brews were nice between routes and quarries then the bbq and beer before the talk and giant pictures. Nearly forgot I won a raffle prise, the chalk ball was fine but the cloths pegs, fly swats and other strange things all added to the fun. It was fantastic to see so many people climbing in all the quarries at all grades.
Well done it was a belter.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...