Fell Running up Sharp Edge Blencathra

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Oli Beswick 02 Aug 2015
Had a great summers day (a few hours) on sharp edge the other day, Such a superb running route and walking route for that matter. Descending via scales fell. Here is my video from the day (very amateur filmmaking)
youtube.com/watch?v=hvaQ-0M9UkI&
Enjoy
Removed User 02 Aug 2015
In reply to Oli Beswick:

Good one Oli, keep up the training.
 ankyo 03 Aug 2015
In reply to Oli Beswick:

Good video. I love the way you keep changing the camera angle to keep it interesting. Thank you
 mountainbagger 03 Aug 2015
In reply to Oli Beswick:

Thanks, I enjoyed that though if I'm honest the overriding emotion was envy given I'm stuck in an office!

I also liked the angles and camera placements you used on the ground to keep the interest going. Maybe it's a bit old hat now, but speeded up footage might work well on the slower sections like the scrambling bit (if you had more 3rd person footage of it that is - I appreciate that would be quite a bit of hassle to achieve when out on your own!).

Also, and it is probably just me, but the music was a little too well known (and overused) and I associate it with something more commonplace and cheesily dramatic than a fell running short. Maybe you could find something a bit more obscure (but upbeat and quirky - just like fell running!) for next time to avoid association with other things (and therefore the feeling I had of it not quite suiting the footage)? Like I said, could be just me though, music is a matter of personal taste after all.

Finally, I wish I could run uphill as effortlessly as you seem to be able to do!
OP Oli Beswick 03 Aug 2015
In reply to Oli Beswick:

Thanks alot for the feedback guys, Hopefully more videos to come!
 greg_may_ 03 Aug 2015
In reply to Oli Beswick:

Nice! Up there in a few weeks for a weekend of running, this was one of the loops I'd been thinking about
 steveriley 04 Aug 2015
In reply to Oli Beswick:

Nice. I had a lovely run up Sharp Edge and down Halls Fell recently - the only man to get off route on a ridge, when I found myself on a bit of dodgy slab above the bad step and not quite happy with the grip of my running shoes
I reckon your way might have been more enjoyable: Halls Fell was a bit of nuisance to try and make quick progress.
 Doghouse 04 Aug 2015
In reply to Oli Beswick:

I enjoyed that

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...