Running Tights, no zips.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
ultrabumbly 02 Aug 2015
Can anyone recommend some decent tights 3/4 and/or full length that do not have any zipped pockets? I also want the waist to be a flat construction for wearing with a pack.

In addition to running I tend to carry the ones I have sometimes as a sleep layer when backpacking and use as a change for the final day. Even when the zips don't sit where the pack does the puller has a potential to dig into a sleeping mat/bag.

Mesh on the calves and up the sides would be a bonus.

The few pairs of Salomon ones I have had for years are pretty much now see through and missus thinks I will end up on some register if seen in public in them. All the current Salomon models I have found seem to have a back pocket.
 ianstevens 02 Aug 2015
In reply to ultrabumbly:

Classic Ronhills?
ultrabumbly 02 Aug 2015
In reply to ultrabumbly:

I have a few pairs of tracksters. The seams are not so flat I am afraid. The piping on the side chaffed me quite badly once when wearing them in 4 days of rain under a pack. The salomons in comparison are extremely flat all the way round
 joe.wahab 02 Aug 2015
In reply to ultrabumbly:

> Can anyone recommend some decent tights 3/4 and/or full length that do not have any zipped pockets? I also want the waist to be a flat construction for wearing with a pack.

Ronhills all the way! They are excellent for running, walking and climbing, and whatsmore, are really cheap. Don't know why they ever went out of fashion!

No side mesh though, but I've never felt hot in them.
ultrabumbly 02 Aug 2015
In reply to plyometrics:

cheers! I had seen those but was unsure whether the key pocket was a fob and drop "pillow case" style like in ron hills or a zip. None of the pictures I have found online show the rear. But at that price I can use them for running if it is a zip.
 plyometrics 02 Aug 2015
In reply to ultrabumbly:

Pretty sure it's not a zip pocket. I've got the 1/2 version and whilst they have no pocket they're a very simple construction. As such, hope they'll do the job for you.

Good luck.
 mzk 02 Aug 2015
In reply to ultrabumbly:

Have you tried the Nike Pro Combat range? I've found they're really good for running & the gym.
ultrabumbly 02 Aug 2015
In reply to mzk:

I have a top from that range that seems to have worn really quickly on the seams where shoulder straps sit. I was surprised at how quickly as I have only run to gym and back (4k each way) with a 5l mini pack with just an empty water bottle, wallet and hand towel in it and only maybe 5 times as I usually cycle. It is super comfortable for training in though while there and the fabric itself doesn't seem to suffer from abrasion. Fairly sure the legs wouldn't hold up to trotting through bogs or snow with a shell over the top if the construction is the same.
 The New NickB 02 Aug 2015
In reply to ultrabumbly:

Either 2XU or Skins tights meet your spec, but both are expensive and have a lot of compression, may not be comfortable for sleeping.

Even Ron Hill doesn't wear tracksters these days!
ultrabumbly 02 Aug 2015
In reply to The New NickB:

Thanks. Skins A200s are surprisingly inexpensive on Amazon at the moment in most sizes. The key pocket is the internal drop type so they might be worth a go.
ultrabumbly 02 Aug 2015
on further inspection they might be a bit on the heavy side. I have an Under Armor compression top that weighs >500g so I know some compression stuff is v weighty. I can't find a spec sheet giving weights and googling brings up the method to size them for body weight. The weights given on Amazon are conflicting. In one case it shows the item weight being heavier than the boxed weight...

I just ordered some OMM ones and I'll see how I get on with those. Thanks for all the ideas.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...