Pub food recomendations near Bethesda, North Wales?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 SuperLee1985 31 Jul 2015
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know of a decent pub that serves food near Bethesda in North Wales?
We are in a bunkhouse nearby this weekend and looking for somewhere to eat tonight.

Thanks

Lee
 Hat Dude 31 Jul 2015
In reply to SuperLee1985:

The Vaynol Arms at Tregarth may be worth a look, haven't been there for a few years but it used to be a good pub

http://www.vaynolarms-pentir.co.uk/
 d_b 31 Jul 2015

If you are prepared to drive then The Tyn-y-Coed in Capel Curig is good. In Bethesda itself, tripadvisor.com reviews suggest The Bull is good, but I haven't been there myself. I have been in The Victoria, and would definitely give it a miss.

Couple of my friends ate at the Vaynol last week, and were not impressed.
 The Potato 31 Jul 2015

bethesda isnt really that good for food, the indian takeaway is decent though
For eating out going to Bangor is more preferable, there are usually regular buses
 Stopsy 31 Jul 2015
In reply to Pesda potato:

Would never have thought anyone would recommend Bangor for eating out... But over Bethesda I guess!

I saw while travelling through there seems to be a new "pay as you please" style cafe opened up in Bethesda, has anyone been?
OP SuperLee1985 03 Aug 2015

Eneded up going to the Vaynol Arms, it was absolutely fantactic!! One of the best pub meals I've eaten in a very long time. Highly recommended.

Note: there are two Vaynol Arms in the area, on in the Llanberis pass (not so good) and the one in Pentir (excelent).

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...