Recording rides/run

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
johnboybuchan 24 Jul 2015
I've been happily using strava to record and measure my rides for a couple of years now but my company has cut the Internet access on my (work) phone account.
I don't have a private phone as I don't really need one and its really only the strava that I need Internet for.
Is there a cheap alternative (maybe slightly higher tech than an OS map and string...) that you could recommend

Thanks JB
 andy 24 Jul 2015
In reply to johnboybuchan:
As in no wifi either? Cos pretty sure you can record with no data then upload to strava once you have wifi. Failing that, Garmin 115 watch or Edge 200 are under £100 now I think.
 nniff 24 Jul 2015

What he said, unless they've uninstalled stuff for you. You can switch off data and keep the GPS on. That will log your ride, then upload it all when you connect with wifi. It has the benefit of not using much battery power. If you can't connect at all even with wifi or a cable, then you need another GPS device that you can later connect to a computer
 Marek 24 Jul 2015
You could always just do a ride and then plot where you've been with bikehike (or similar) to get stats and a record. Doesn't take very long and doesn't rely on any ride-time technology.
Simple.

johnboybuchan 24 Jul 2015
In reply to nniff:

Thanks guys, I'll try that on the way home tonight

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...