Replacement tent pole sections

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 climber david 21 Jul 2015
Hi Everyone

Where is the best place to buy replacement tent pole sections. If it makes a difference, its a Wynnster tent with fibreglass poles measured at 10mm diameter but looking at the Wynnster website they'll probably be 9.5mm

Can you buy generic pole repair sections or do I have to buy a Wynnster repair section?

I'm happy with what to do and getting bungee, just where to get new sections

Thanks

David
 Neil Williams 21 Jul 2015
In reply to climber david:

Go Outdoors etc do generic spare sections of the black fibreglass type. Be careful if ordering online - some show the diameter of the metal bit and some of the pole.

Neil
OP climber david 29 Jul 2015
In reply to Brownie:

Thanks both. Will pick up a couple of sections in Go outdoors since its not far and it gives me an excuse

David
 Howard J 30 Jul 2015

It's also worth cutting some spare sections to length and keeping them with the tent, so they're ready in case you need to make a field repair. Unlike my friends who recently found themselves in the rain with a broken pole, a set of spares, but no hacksaw
 LastBoyScout 30 Jul 2015

I've seen fibreglass pole sections in places like Blacks and Cotswolds, too.

Worth asking in some of the bigger shops if they have any spares kicking about - when I worked in a branch of a large outdoor retailer, we had a box of all sorts of tent spares from various broken tents and charged £1 a section for poles, which went in the charity box.
 Timmd 30 Jul 2015
I'd think about replacing them with alloy poles if it was me, they're ment to be much less likely to snap and give you an unenjoyable camping trip, if you can afford it.
Post edited at 12:56

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...