booking huts Chamonix

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 llanberis36 19 Jul 2015
We are going to climb mont Blanc the first week in September. We have yet to book any huts either for Mont Blanc or other routes we intend to acclimatise on.
Do we have to do this now, especially gouter ot tête rouse, or once in Chamonix.
Just appears to ne that if we book now this will cut down on flexibility with weather etc
Cheers for any help
RockShock 19 Jul 2015
In reply to llanberis36:

There are many takes on it, some reserve at last hour, some do it well in advance.

As for all the huts, even if you reserve in advance, they always ask you to confirm your arrival a few days prior. So, normally in the last 7 days before your selected date you will see some movement and cancellations being done - which probably means you can get a place without issues.

That said, in most cases reservations are reimbursable (if they charge any money upfront at all when booking, ie Gouter hut) if cancelled with sufficient time (normally 3-4 days), sometimes you may be charged a small admin fee. With that in mind I prefer to reserve in advance, even few days in a row and then, looking at the 5 day forecast, modify the reservations as I see fit. But I am a guy that definitely likes to feel prepared for the trip and I wouldn't sleep well knowing I still don't have the bookings made two months in advance

Cheers!
RS
 The Ice Doctor 19 Jul 2015
In reply to RockShock:

You will be lucky to get in the Gouter. Fully booked for August. Perhaps quieter in Sept. Its an on line booking, so why not simply book it?
 goose299 20 Jul 2015
In reply to The Ice Doctor:

You'll be double lucky to get in the Goûter now

http://www.ukhillwalking.com/forums/t.php?t=620639

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...