Replacement for Rab VR Lite alpine: Do it all windproof?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 aldo56 25 Jun 2015
I'm looking to replace my ruined Rab VR lite alpine. It's been a faithful servant but the hood doesn't work for me (doesn't go over a helmet) which is why I'm thinking of going elsewhere rather than buying another. Does UKC have any suggestions?

I'll be using it for rock climbing, winter climbing (under a shell or on its own for the walk in), hill walking, going to the shops etc. Features i'd like are: wicking, breathable, windproofish, over helmet hood, some sort of pockets.

The obvious one at the moment is the ME Squall but what else should I have a look at?

(I don’t mind going thinner and wearing a fleece under if necessary, adds a bit of versatility.)
 Andy Hardy 25 Jun 2015
In reply to aldo56:

I recently bought one of these http://www.exxpozed.com/bergans-microlight-jacket.html?s=270077&currenc... from that very online boutique.

There is no lining so it's only a windproof / showerproof but seems to be pretty good at those. I've mainly used it for rock climbing with a couple of breezy walks to boot. The hood goes over a Petzl Ecrin helmet OK, the pockets aren't in the best position for use under a harness but that's no big deal for me. You would want a fleece under for winter though.

HTH
 iksander 25 Jun 2015
In reply to aldo56:

Patagucci Levitation Hoody

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...