How To Poo Outdoors

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKH Articles 22 Jun 2015
poo outdoors montage, 4 kbAl fresco toilet trips are a health and etiquette minefield. But answering the call of nature, in nature, needn't be a taboo subject. With no apologies for anything tongue in cheek, here are some ways to help minimise your impact.

Read more at http://www.ukhillwalking.com/articles/page.php?id=7436
 Michael Ryan 23 Jun 2015
In reply to UKH Articles:

Crap article Dan...

Sorry, I'll get my coat as I leave.
In reply to UKH Articles:

I wondered if I was preaching to the converted with this article, if people really needed telling all this. Then the night before last I pitched my tent in a layby near Loch Maree (yes it's still legal up there). Noticed a bit of a smell but it was too dark to see and I had a cold, so it didn't strike me what the smell was - I actually decided it was just the smell of the tent fabric (unbelievable in hindsight). Then I packed up in the morning and discovered a - presumably human - turd squashed under the groundsheet. No paper. Right out in the open beside the road. It never ceases to amaze me how disgusting some folk are.

I don't care what the washing instructions are - the first thing I did when I got home was to stick the tent in the washing machine.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...