Kalymnos Coaching with Gaz Parry and Lucy Creamer

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 Adrian Berry Global Crag Moderator 19 Jun 2015
premier post photo
The Original Climbing Coaching Holiday

Now in its 13th year, The Kalymnos Workshop is a climbing coaching holiday that is proven to deliver rapid improvements in climbing ability through targeting technique, tactics, and mental approach.

Through a combination of at-the-crag workshops, 1:1 coaching, and evening discussions over five days, we expect you to make immediate and lasting improvements.

The Coaches

The coaching for this week is delivered by Gareth ‘Gaz’ Parry http://www.gazparryclimbing.com and Lucy Creamer http://www.lucycreamer.com two of the UK’s best and most experienced climbers. Both Gaz and Lucy climb and coach professionally and know Kalymnos well. While both Gaz and Lucy are exceptional climbers, they are chosen for their ability to draw upon their own experience (and mistakes) to help and inspire climbers of all levels. As well as being accomplished sport climbers, both Gaz and Lucy are also very experienced trad climbers – so able to help make gains in sport climbing relevant to British trad.

Always Improving!

Since 2002, this trip has opened a new world of opportunities for hundreds of climbers, but we constantly strive to make it better: last year we radically altered the format to allow for greater choice, and more effective coaching. We took a group of 17 in May this year and the results were absolutely phenomenal.

The new format offers a choice from two or three climbing workshops including:

• Optimum technique for slabby and vertical climbing
  • Technique and tactics for steep climbing,
  • Falling safely and confidently,
  • Multi-pitch climbing,
  • Onsight tactics, and
  • Redpoint tactics

The new format allows the coaching to be more closely fitted to the needs and initial climbing level of those attending. An average ratio of 1 coach per 4 clients will be maintained throughout.

This year (2015) has seen the program mature, and we now include evening presentations on subjects that the coaches feel are of value to the group. The package now also includes an easy-to-follow training programme that has been proven to put you in the best physical condition for the start of the trip.

The Details

This trip runs from the 19th to the 26th of September. The dates allow for five days of coached climbing with one rest day, though you will be able to contact other people on the trip in advance to arrange to stay on longer if you wish.
The price (£550) also includes hotel accommodation, comprehensive pre-trip information, and a 15 week pre-trip training programme.

More info an online bookings*

http://positiveclimbing.com/climbing_coaching_holidays/kalymnos_coaching_ho...

*£100 deposit secures your place. We strongly advise booking early as trips are usually fully booked well before the start date.

Also coming up this year…

The Kalymnos Women Only Workshop with Lucy Creamer and Jude Spancken
3rd – 10th October 2015
(Last Two Places)
http://positiveclimbing.com/climbing_coaching_holidays/kalymnos_coaching_ho...

The Fontainebleau Workshop with Gaz Parry and Lucy Creamer
5th – 12th September 2015
Standby Places Only
http://positiveclimbing.com/climbing_coaching_holidays/fontainebleau_coachi...

Some feedback form the last few years:

“The course was fantastic, and I’m delighted I went. It was not what I expected, but it was just what I needed.”

“The course has changed my understanding of what I can achieve, left me motivated to make further progress and hopefully go again next year.”

“Thanks! I loved it and will be working on my climbing using all the new information.”

“I really enjoyed the week. I wanted to be pushed to my limit and I was.”

“It's really like I've discovered climbing again for the first time and I'm currently resetting my targets for things I never would have thought I would be able to climb.”

“Thanks for an epic week and for sharing your knowledge and enthusiasm. It's totally changed my approach to sport climbing and I can't wait to put all the stuff I've learnt into practice.”

“Thanks again for running a great trip, and for all your help with our climbing, it was fantastic!”

“We were extremely impressed and pleased with how you and Gaz were able to manage the instruction and coaching amongst all the group. I really can't imagine how you could improve on that.”

"The coaching was perfect. Not all top performers can convey the knowledge they have but I felt that you provided concise but eloquent coaching with a fair proportion of humour that made the sessions very enjoyable."

"I am so pleased with everything I did on the trip, I feel in some ways that Carpe Diem was the climb of my life - I have never felt any climb easier - it just came! I can't explain it! It just came!"

"I think you and Gaz work well together as a team and have slightly different styles which really complement each other. You're both very astute when it comes to watching someone climb and being able to give accurate and constructive feedback and suggestions."

"It was a fantastic trip, possibly the best I have ever been on, and certainly the best coaching trip."

"Thank you for a fantastic opportunity. I think I'm still on a high."

"Coaching was excellent. The very different personalities and approaches of Gaz and Adrian makes a perfect combination."

"Would definitely recommend the course to friends. Thanks for an excellent week."

http://positiveclimbing.com/
OP Adrian Berry Global Crag Moderator 13 Jul 2015
Just an update:

We are down to the last two places on the September Kalymnos Workshop.

The Kalymnos Women's Workshop is full - but we have a standby list.

There is one place now available on the September Fontainebleau Workshop.

These are the last three places available this year.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...