Good first adventurous walk or scramble in the lake district.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 dan ely 12 Jun 2015
hello
Im going to do my first mountain walk in the laked district tommorrow. Bit of a rest day so not to long. I was thinking of going up a path on Scafell Pike but only because its the biggest so not the best reason. My fave walk around snowdon is crib coth ridge or snakes and ladders in the slate quarrys so if theres any thing like that which is a bit exciting that would be good. Also It would be good to see some crags. I havnt looked at any maps or guide books yet

Can any one recomend a good route.

Thanks!
In reply to dan ely:

If you like Crib Goch then try Sharp Edge (going up) and Hallsfell Ridge (descent) on Blencathra. See this UKH Route Card: http://www.ukhillwalking.com/logbook/r/?i=118

It's the best low grade ridge scramble in the Lakes by a mile
 Alyson 12 Jun 2015
In reply to dan ely:

As a climber I think you'd like Jack's Rake (Grade-1) on Pavey Ark. Good scrambling with nice exposure. Great views at the top and great pub at the bottom
 Trangia 12 Jun 2015
In reply to Skip:

> Striding Edge

Agreed and descend via Swirral Edge

Also Pluses for Sharp Edge on Blencathra and Jacks Rake. I've done them all for the umpteenth time in the last month and they never cease to give a great buzz.

tinker 14 Jun 2015
In reply to dan ely:

"My fave walk around snowdon is crib coth ridge or snakes and ladders in the slate quarrys".

Hmmmm. Maybe you'd enjoy playing on some of the old workings on Chonisthon Old Man.
 Dave the Rave 14 Jun 2015
In reply to dan ely:

West wall traverse on Scawfell ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...