Hill running Scotland

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 kwoods 11 Jun 2015
I'm keen on trying out/getting into into non-competitive hill running in Scotland and would be keen for folk to show me how this is done. Anyone know places to start or contact?

Might sound like a funny statement (my approach would be get out and do it!) but I'm not a runner and gather the whole vibe is different to walking. I checked out Scottish Hill Runners site but I'm not looking for competition.

Cheers
 Roadrunner5 11 Jun 2015
In reply to kwoods:
Look at the long distance challenges section of SHR.. then go running.. thats all it is really.

Oh but when we say hill running, it actually means walking fast up most hills and running the flats and downhills. very few will actually run up most of the scottish hills on the longer days out, so walking is perfectly normal.
Post edited at 21:27
 Mike-W-99 11 Jun 2015
In reply to kwoods:

We just went and ran up a local hill. We didn't die so carried on.
 Phil1919 11 Jun 2015
In reply to kwoods:

I think you're instinct to just get out and do it is best. Slowly increase distance/altitude, go as lightweight as is safe. Look out for tracks, paths. Etc.
 tony 11 Jun 2015
In reply to kwoods:

Steve Fallon's website has some stuff you might find useful. There are also lots of running clubs which can help - although some will be competitive, there are lots who are just happy to get out and about in the hills.
 digby 11 Jun 2015
In reply to kwoods:

In Carnethy HRC we have non competitive training sessions on Weds. See the website. You can be as competitive or social as you like in Carnethy.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...