Hiring B2s boots and crampons in Argentiere or Chamonix

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Legs 05 Jun 2015
Hello
I am off to the French Alps for the first time to do some Alpine glacial travel, but can't really afford to purchase some boots currently so hoping to hire. Does anyone have any experience of doing this and any shops in either town they would recommend?

Would appreciate any help
Thanks

Max
In reply to Legs:

Technique extreme on the street opposite the midi station do cheap rentals. They won't be the best quality. The more expensive option is Snell sports in the centre of town.
 jon 05 Jun 2015
In reply to Legs:

Chamonix and Argentière have probably the highest number of gear rental shops in Europe. If you can't get what you want in one shop, go next door. You will easily find what you want and more without any problems.
 nathan79 05 Jun 2015
In reply to higherclimbingwales:

I can't remember the figure, but noticed their hire prices when I was there back in August. Recall pleasantly surprised at how reasonable the hire cost for boots and axes were. They told you what brand they were but again I cant remember what they were but they were definitely a quakity boot. Scarpas or La Sportivas I'm fairly sure.
In reply to nathan79:

They also sell really good value equipment. I bought a crampon bag for 5eu that was identical to the BD one that was 15eu!
 DrP 06 Jun 2015
In reply to Legs:

I'd second Snell Sports - have hired from them regularly.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...